How long you booked up for???

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not so keen on being so far in front
With work load .... Nice position to be in no doubt !
I have lost some cracking jobs for being too busy !
About 4/5 months at moment

Don't do any contract works since last summer so pure domestics this yr...

Worked everyday there abouts since returning on 4th Jan..just seem to trickle a week or so in front bit unnerving as previously used to have min 4wks up to around 12wks and with subby any other work out...

At this minute I've got 1 ceiling in tomorrow and that's it...however got a couple of jobs that I'm lined up to look at for a new builder etc tom and Tues and few other bits could mean by Wednesday around 6 weeks in...

Never know if its beans on toast on Friday or taking wife and kids out for tea talk about constant emotional rollercoaster!!!
We are all the same ...you can be booked up for 49 and half years but it means jack poo ...the day after tomorrow it all changes ..said in the other post we are all one day away from jobless..

But I am booked for next month with some great members of the general public lol
Mondays - Fridays (no more weekends for me)

Best of luck to all the plasterers.Nice to see this year everyone has plenty on ...only a few years ago it was doom and gloom

P.s Worst of luck to all the other dicksplat trades especially plumbers

Got a few art installations, a magnetic art auction and that's about it :) did I mention the worlds first magnetic wall art?
image.jpg

I found on domestics most are happy to wait up to a month ahead generally but any longer and you risk losing the job to someone not so busy... normally a nagging women complaining :D

I find completely the opposite most people don't realise they need a plasterer till they start and they usually havent budgeted for it so it s last minute a lot of the time.

I never understand when people say there booked up for 6 months plus with domestics. 3-4 weeks in front of me is busy, anymore than that and customers don't seem to want to wait unless there repeat customers.

@spt...I think when people are quoting 3 months etc...they are like I was until last yr domestic plus small builders extensions,conservatory company,insurance work company,kitchen company etc.

With them included its easy to be couple months plus in front just a complete foookin headache working to there set deadlines and keeping everyone happy!

Through render ing into the pot and 2 decent houses to do as a 1 man band can keep you on your toes for a month with hacking off and rain days etc!

Im patching up a chase on wednesday. Have deciced to follow the clemo religion thou shalt do f**k all! :)

I've a big week this week. Had a rest today tomorrow have to do a small Sand and lime patch job should take about 3 hours. Wednesday have to patch up with about 3 hark full of skimcoat. And that's it for the week so far.

Anything up to 6 weeks is about as far as I get booked!

I been working pretty much non stop for the last year, worked from the new year but got a dry patch, been sat at home all last week and not working again until Thursday, got two weeks booked in after that.

Try to not worry as usually it turns around and you wonder why you ever worried! But easier said than done!

Anything up to 6 weeks is about as far as I get booked!

I been working pretty much non stop for the last year, worked from the new year but got a dry patch, been sat at home all last week and not working again until Thursday, got two weeks booked in after that.

Try to not worry as usually it turns around and you wonder why you ever worried! But easier said than done!
Don't think I'd be able to set at home all week. :rolleyes:

It's good to see everyone has work coming through. Hopefully it continues.

I used to get worried if I didn't have some phone calls in a week but now just let it flow. But it took a good two years to get that mindset I found!

if I get a few days off I try and get away or do something rather than just waste them. Fingers crossed though the work keeps coming like it has and is!!

Bloke rang me recently...'can you pop round tonight?' ' To have a look?' I replied....'No, to do it'...F*ck Off Tw*t...............4-5 weeks normally, book out spare days amongst it all for when my regulars call up needing something doing quick....don't want to lose them. Phone not ringing is terrible feeling, good to talk to others that go through that too.

Had a big loft extension cancel on me 3 times and date moves probably got a cheaper quote but hey ho had a few small jobs got one off here and on a random took a call from a conpany I used to work for said got 2-3 weeks work if I want it should take me out of the worse months we have to get through

I find completely the opposite most people don't realise they need a plasterer till they start and they usually havent budgeted for it so it s last minute a lot of the time.
True and when you walk in straight away they say "oh the builder had to charge us more than we expected so we not got alot of money left for plastering".

Given up rendering as much as possible now, one summer had a 6 weeker (working on my own) and it pissed down the whole six weeks. Was like Glastonbury, fucken rivers of sand and cement. Wrote 'Wet' in massive letters in the scratchcoat one day for the customer to see and f*cked off home.

Given up rendering as much as possible now, one summer had a 6 weeker (working on my own) and it pissed down the whole six weeks. Was like Glastonbury, fucken rivers of sand and cement. Wrote 'Wet' in massive letters in the scratchcoat one day for the customer to see and f*cked off home.
Got to agree there..hats off to the fulltime renderers...i only enjoy it when weather is good tbh...like in Spain

There's a whole world out there and the only thing standing between it and you is you. See yourself where you want to be ,visualise it and then do it. Simple as that. No magic involved.
Your right
I'm on my way
See you at the beach next week

Had a big loft extension cancel on me 3 times and date moves probably got a cheaper quote but hey ho had a few small jobs got one off here and on a random took a call from a conpany I used to work for said got 2-3 weeks work if I want it should take me out of the worse months we have to get through

Just had a similar thing, a women just cancelled about two weeks work. She booked up just before Christmas, apparently her friend can plaster now (what a load of shite)
Don't normally mind but I lost a fair but of work turning people away who didn't want to wait.

Just had a similar thing, a women just cancelled about two weeks work. She booked up just before Christmas, apparently her friend can plaster now (what a load of shite)
Don't normally mind but I lost a fair but of work turning people away who didn't want to wait.
Mate I was the same I booked the two weeks in and made other jobs wait then they can't wait so I lost them probably lost the contacts as well and to be let down how we do at times these people think it's to re arrange things or pull jobs forward they then get the hump when they say they are ready and you can't get there,sometimes it's all one way,part and parcel of it it's not nice but what choice have we got,

Yes had that before some peeps don't give a fook
I cover myself & double book ! but I don't advice
it backfired on me last year
I was run ragged juggling work

@spt...I think when people are quoting 3 months etc...they are like I was until last yr domestic plus small builders extensions,conservatory company,insurance work company,kitchen company etc.

With them included its easy to be couple months plus in front just a complete foookin headache working to there set deadlines and keeping everyone happy!

Through render ing into the pot and 2 decent houses to do as a 1 man band can keep you on your toes for a month with hacking off and rain days etc!

True mate, i was mental last year, and with a couple of full houses and smaller stuff as well keeps me nice and busy as work on my own..

Quite slow at the moment but pricing loads, so no doubt won't be for long.

Status
Not open for further replies.