How long would a room take you to skim?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
my son and myself would start at 8am,sheet up, scrape as required, 2 coats of pva if needed, 4 full buckets of water, 3 bags multi, put the ceiling and walls all on together, twitch all angles and ceiling lines, finish plastering 12 o clock clean up, polish woodwork, pick up payment from householder home by 1 o clock.

Blimey Malc are you scraping it on :RpS_mellow:

Ahh so this is you then, Respect! :RpS_thumbup:
photo_zpsdca002cb.jpg
No Thats me boss, he taught me everythin i know, thats why im skint!!!

FFFFFFFS!!!!
Just put some bloody tartare sauce in yer mix, whack the whole room on, finish ya fish n chips, trowel up, take the large amount of cash you quoted from the old biddy, then celebrate with a few cans of tennents super on the drive home, result! :RpS_cool:

FFFFFFFS!!!!
Just put some bloody tartare sauce in yer mix, whack the whole room on, finish ya fish n chips, trowel up, take the large amount of cash you quoted from the old biddy, then celebrate with a few cans of tennents super on the drive home, result! :RpS_cool:

without a speedskim........................:rolleyes) i dont flipping think so marra. anyway , is FFFFFFFFFFS any relation to FFSW?

without a speedskim........................:rolleyes) i dont flipping think so marra. anyway , is FFFFFFFFFFS any relation to FFSW?

Look you bloody winker a speedskim!! are you fcukin serious? :RpS_lol:
No Ffffffffffffs is no relation to that bearded tw4t :)

I read that the other day. 2 1mm coats. Which is funny as all the beads for sale are 3mm

Going back some years 3mm was the recognised thickness for skimcoat and beads have never changed. Same as most door linings still allow 16mm thickness overall for plastering which goes back to the days of render, float and set.

a builder I work for always allows 5mm for skim on his frames. Hes adamant it's a better job because it's thicker. So ive just started skimming up to them instead of flush. **** em

a builder I work for always allows 5mm for skim on his frames. Hes adamant it's a better job because it's thicker. So ive just started skimming up to them instead of flush. **** em

That's what I do young Steven. If 5mm was better doesn't he think BG would say so and make an extra killing?

That's what I do young Steven. If 5mm was better doesn't he think BG would say so and make an extra killing?

They will now they've read this Andy lol :RpS_biggrin:
I can just see it now when the new stronger bags come out soon :rolleyes)
Saying apply at 5mm overall thickness, 4-5m2 coverage per bag :RpS_unsure:

I had to work with a bloke last year feck me he put his first coat on that tight I could make out the blue on the soundbloc when he finished you could still see it ! I bet it was 1mm finished and every bead he came across instead of the right way and you could use the scrim as a ladder the company still use him! Good lad he is is all I heard feckin tosspot I wouldn't let the gaffer put him with me after that day and he wondered why also found out he was a sparks by trade and had turned his hand to spreading pity someone didn't turn his neck before I had to endure him the swanka

I had to work with a bloke last year feck me he put his first coat on that tight I could make out the blue on the soundbloc when he finished you could still see it ! I bet it was 1mm finished and every bead he came across instead of the right way and you could use the scrim as a ladder the company still use him! Good lad he is is all I heard feckin tosspot I wouldn't let the gaffer put him with me after that day and he wondered why also found out he was a sparks by trade and had turned his hand to spreading pity someone didn't turn his neck before I had to endure him the swanka

Told you not to say anything :RpS_blushing:

How to Use English Punctuation Correctly (with Examples)

Status
Not open for further replies.