how funerals have changed

hector

funerals used to be very solemn religous affairs , but not now,
been to 4 funerals this past 18 months, and not one hymn/prayer/ etc etc was mentioned,
instead rock,blues,pop music played, and somebody speaks for 10 minutes, and thats it, everybody out,

last funeral i was at in january, the son got up and spoke a few words , and everybody was quiet thoughtfull listening,
and i kid you not,
he announced to everybody that he was G**, well that got everybodys attention,

been to 4 funerals this past 18 months, and not one hymn/prayer/ etc etc was mentioned,
instead rock,blues,pop music played, and somebody speaks for 10 minutes, and thats it, everybody out,

last funeral i was at in january, the son got up and spoke a few words , and everybody was quiet thoughtfull listening,
and i kid you not,
I've been to quite a few over the years that request that bright colours be worn, or no black.
I always wear jeans and whatever top I feel like, the being there is the sign of respect, not what I wear.

and i kid you not,
He chose his moment ! :ROFLMAO:

Went to one recently - when they brought the coffin in I said to the missus they must have mixed the coffins up as it was very short, in the speech his mate said his last wish was to be driven not In a hearse but in a Porsche at top speed to the church - wonder if they just bent his legs over to fit or cut them off.

You're always guaranteed to get a seat when you smell of fish.
So chrispy says.
5B9B6A22-67CB-4BB0-8042-8BAB8A6A88E6.gif

working with a joiner this week who is also the local village undertaker,
tells me haidressers and funerals the buisness to be in,
sooner or later we all need a haircut, sooner or later we are all going to the great building site in the sky,

Full f**k**g three piece suit and tie for me.
Noboday makes any effort anymore.
Kinell when I was a teenager you had to wear a suit to get in a pub in town. Now its tatty jeans and t-shirt....I'll never understand.
Times change, people have different idea's.

Religions finished I'm not wanting it either quick fire me and undertakers end of
The origins of religion go back several hundred thousand years, and thats just a suggestive figure as some artifacts representing religious ideas go back as far as 50,000 yrs.

Im not religious myself per say, but when im asked do i believe in god my response is i act like i do. Our sense of right, and wrong is closely tied to religious ideals, and we are a Christian country wherever we like it or not. To dismiss that is like a mutilation of the human being.