how far are you willing to travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry

Private Member
How far are you willing to travel to work knowing your on a basic rate of pay or a price you would charge if working local.
Or another way what is your travel limted for work.

Am not arsed henry as long as the pay is right.just been let down for monday first time in ages.so I've got to get up to do patching for half an hour work.

Am not asking anybody to say what they work for a day that;s private. What Iam saying is how much would the fuel cost a day play
a role in traveling to work when this is coming out of your pay, and when your not getting paid traveling cost.

I wouldn't do it I'd travel without getting paid for travelling but I ain't paying the fuel too

one of the jobs im on at the mo is a hour and a 1/4 each way , but price is ok so thats fine . it does get gutty after a few weeks though .

I was doing an hour and half each way for 5 months the mornings worse trying to stay awake

If it's more than half an hour's driving away I'm reluctant to do it Henry - unless it's a week or less and I WOULD be adding a bit on for fuel ................I'm lucky that I don't usually need to travel more than 15-20 minutes to earn my shillings:RpS_thumbup: I did drive to a job 45 minutes away, but that was for good money (£200) for a couple of hours and laid out less than a tenner for gear:RpS_wink:

Ime well known for not traveling and its become a bit of a joke but seriously normaly i would say 15 mile radius and that dont happen often or train and tube into town,you are better of closer to home for less money, mind you i did go to Cairo last week for a weeks work

Most of my jobs this last year or so have been about 30-40 miles away. The furthest i'd do on a daily basis is Exeter (80 miles each way)

I will drive up to 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 if its motorway all the way, after that I stay away.
These days we are all over the country, from Devon to any where is a trek.
We have done , Liverpool, Cambridge, Canterbury, and all points in between.

have done 100 miles each way on a few jobs up scotland, if its more than a day i always lodge but always make sure costs are included in me price, ya carnt do them sort of jobs without adding ya fuel with cost of it at the moment :RpS_bored:

I do not really mind travel in the summer time , I do like to get work out in the sticks it's just nice this time of the year, Winter I dont like to travel far after flipping a van a few years ago on ice .

we travel max 40 miles each way,that would cost about £25 in diesel. but i do have 7 towns within a 10 mile radius of my base, so i can usually find something local.

70 miles is the max for me to travel to, then i want B&B and travel/ subsistence , we build travel expenses in to all jobs anyway :-D ,you want me you pay for me lol......

I don't like racking up more than 30 miles each way but will do as long as the job is not massive(mainly for cost) and I don't like being more than 40mins away door to door.

I would like to get in a time machine and travel back to 2006-2007 when i was earning **** loads and there was plenty of work about..AHHHHHHHHH happy days.:RpS_mellow:

Status
Not open for further replies.