How Easy is AeroTherm To apply?

Members online

AeroTherm is an ultra-thin insulation product which is applied like a plaster to internal walls and ceilings but how easy is it to apply?

Using advanced materials AeroTherm is a new form of insulation which provides impressive energy savings from a 1mm heat reflective coating. The AeroTherm paste is simply mixed with a little water, then applied straight on to internal walls and ceilings using a notched trowel. It is then flattened over and left to dry before sanding to a smooth white finish. A domestic installation can typically be completed within 2 days and is soon ready for re-decorating.

http://www.plasterersnews.com/easy-aerotherm-apply/

AeroTherm_Trowel-1024x768.jpg

Wonder will there be much call for this ,as I contract to local authorities and as they say on their blog local authorities, can't see them spending money keeping their tenants warm

Wonder will there be much call for this ,as I contract to local authorities and as they say on their blog local authorities, can't see them spending money keeping their tenants warm

Your kidding right or possibly blind have you not realised councils have been putting ewi on their properties ???

Your kidding right or possibly blind have you not realised councils have been putting ewi on their properties ???
ya they did the ewi in the borough I contract to when it came out 1st, but that was that austerity cuts, lucky now to get them to overboard a ceiling

Just been on a Job told the customer about it they seem to think it would be good for there house...I'll keep you posted

Obviously not told them how much it would be lol
Gave them the website to have a look themselves,going to right up quote for iwi as well they didn't want ewi..
Always let customer decide what they want makes no difference to me,choice is a good thing I think.
Even iwi people are still not aware of ,most don't have a clue what a clout nail is , give them the information and leave them to it I say.

Why did they?
Said they want warmer rooms (Victorian end terrace) I said iwi or ewi they where anal about walls coming in 30mm-90mm with iwi and didn't want 90-100mm on outside so suggested aero as an option told them it's new and let them look it up themselves most people I give a bit of information and leave to them,I ain't hanging around wasting half my life trying to explain stuff to them..advised iwi as my choice for what they showed/asked for, plus overboard of ceilings( artex and was caput) but don't tell @imago I said that.

Said they want warmer rooms (Victorian end terrace) I said iwi or ewi they where anal about walls coming in 30mm-90mm with iwi and didn't want 90-100mm on outside so suggested aero as an option told them it's new and let them look it up themselves most people I give a bit of information and leave to them,I ain't hanging around wasting half my life trying to explain stuff to them..advised iwi as my choice for what they showed/asked for, plus overboard of ceilings( artex and was caput) but don't tell @imago I said that.

Board away pal (y)

BTW, aerotherm is just the latest in a long line of 'snake oil' insulation products. All of their claims are based on it form a barrier to reduce heat radiation. It does nothing whatsoever for head conduction. So it will make the room feel warm in a shorter time, but it doesn't prevent the heat from escaping by being conducted through the wall. The wall surface feels warm due to the reflected heat radiation, which makes people think it's doing a great job.

In terms of hard facts regarding t's energy saving properties and insulation values, it has the same insulation properties as cotton. So hanging a wool blanket over the wall will have a better impact on insulation. Maybe tapestries will make a come back? They'd be more use than aerotherm. :LOL:

Board away pal (y)

BTW, aerotherm is just the latest in a long line of 'snake oil' insulation products. All of their claims are based on it form a barrier to reduce heat radiation. It does nothing whatsoever for head conduction. So it will make the room feel warm in a shorter time, but it doesn't prevent the heat from escaping by being conducted through the wall. The wall surface feels warm due to the reflected heat radiation, which makes people think it's doing a great job.

In terms of hard facts regarding t's energy saving properties and insulation values, it has the same insulation properties as cotton. So hanging a wool blanket over the wall will have a better impact on insulation. Maybe tapestries will make a come back? They'd be more use than aerotherm. :LOL:
Hmmmmmm magnetic tapestries :)