how are floors done?

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrpetem

I wondered how a marble floor is done if you cannot walk over the area but need to burnish it etc..? I have looked around the forum for this but couldnt find anything, appologies if I didnt search well enough..

Try Andy at Goldtrowel he has a new venetian flooring course running in november, was in their wednesday there new facility looks really impressive he has some pretty decent stuff going on their.

Thanks. I went to gold trowel for plastering, thats where my whole carrer started in this game. So i no they are very good. Been wanting to do the venetian course for some time but I dont like the idea of spending money when there isnt great demand for it. But I still want to learn it cause if I eventually get a house I would put it everywhere lol.

um just had a quick look and it appears you can use marmorino. i dont know if this is acrylic stuff though, pretty suree its the real (german word).

update: Yes it is real venetian plaster, not acrylic. But i think you can use a resin over the top to help protect it.
I would be interested to know if you can use tadelekt on floors too?

cheers

yeah you can tadelakt floors, but you can't walk on em with shoes on otherwise they'll get scratched to fcuk.

Some people have their wetroom floors tadelakt'd

Venetian Marmorino cementious is the correct one it comes in powder form, it is not acrylic at all,

hi chaps ,new to the site,just returned from 2 years in cyprus [polished plaster contract] wonder if anyone could throw any work my way? im in essex own van tools cscs also do skimming will travel and work away

cheers

yeah you can tadelakt floors, but you can't walk on em with shoes on otherwise they'll get scratched to fcuk.

Some people have their wetroom floors tadelakt'd

I have a wet room on the ground floor of my house. . In which i put a terazzo floor, so tha tI could form it to falls.After a fair amount of reserch, I used my own recipe and was surprisingly pleased with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.