house prices in london

Members online

hector

so how does any young couple get on the housing ladder, how does any working class person afford these prices and mortgages, just looking at houses and cost in london, and to be honest what they were selling for and the prices being asked , and the houses themselves, honestly i just dont know how our southern freinds do it,

so how does any young couple get on the housing ladder, how does any working class person afford these prices and mortgages, just looking at houses and cost in london, and to be honest what they were selling for and the prices being asked , and the houses themselves, honestly i just dont know how our southern freinds do it,
All considered an investment , untill the bubble bursts then it's the government's fault

It's not just London, I'm in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and house prices went up 10% last year alone. I don't see a house as an investment though, I see it as some where to,live and raise a family and the like.
Just meant it's part of the equation

EPPING, Essex. 15 mile to the city. a large 3 bed semi in rough condition, £650,000. give a builder 100k for an extension and a complete refurb. resale price £950,000. this is a very popular area quality independent shops in the high st. property sales are like hot cakes. turn it round in a year for a good profit.

My grandson is trying to get a mortgage. the lenders want my son to invest 10k with them so that if he missed a payment they can take the money from my sons account.

My grandson is trying to get a mortgage. the lenders want my son to invest 10k with them so that if he missed a payment they can take the money from my sons account.
In the 80's big boom a local building contractor was busy buying and to speed things up fiddled income for several of his subbies to " invest " and buy said properties , all looked good for a while , quite a few lost big time , my best mate ended up handing back the keys and has lived on a boat ever since

It's not just London, I'm in Harrogate, North Yorkshire and house prices went up 10% last year alone. I don't see a house as an investment though, I see it as some where to,live and raise a family and the like.
Working in bramhope for next month or so . Lovely area

That’s why we are a Hardy bunch down here hector, if you survive london you survive anywhere!!!

In the 80's big boom a local building contractor was busy buying and to speed things up fiddled income for several of his subbies to " invest " and buy said properties , all looked good for a while , quite a few lost big time , my best mate ended up handing back the keys and has lived on a boat ever since

i know a developer who traded like that. when he had a property stick he would get some druggie , give them an employment record fix them up with a mortgage . the loser was the lender everyone else was happy.
my grandson had to have a video interview before they offered a mortgage.

i know a developer who traded like that. when he had a property stick he would get some druggie , give them an employment record fix them up with a mortgage . the loser was the lender everyone else was happy.
my grandson had to have a video interview before they offered a mortgage.
Better scam than my example , cost my mate his marriage , builders went tits up in the end but all shuffled away , don't know how they can still walk the streets ( or drive around in ther posh cars owned by others ), no shame , took advantage of simple , out of there depth , lads who were dazzled by these blokes apparent success and gift of the gab

Sell him your pony to pull it along.

My daughter is buying a 1 bed flat , due to exchange this week, 300k in beckenham, just outside the london postcodes
A five bed new build in village just gone for 480000. Everyone says that's way over priced . To be fair theres no garden with it.
Built another 10 detached where pub used to be. Dont like all houses going up but least there detched so better for village.

Though old schools getting pulled down so see what they put on there.

I like it when they say affordable house for first time buyers lol 200 grand

It’s a nightmare . We are needing somewhere bigger but to go from a 3 bed mid terrace to a 4 bed semi means I’ve literally got to double my mortgage. Looking at moving away to be honest

It’s a nightmare . We are needing somewhere bigger but to go from a 3 bed mid terrace to a 4 bed semi means I’ve literally got to double my mortgage. Looking at moving away to be honest
a 4 bedroomed , 2 living rooms, large victorian house is for sale just round the corner from me, it is immaculate all ready to move in ,........ the owner has had it on the market for 4 years and still not sold,........reason being is she was asking 240,000 for it now dropped in price last 2 years to 220,000 and still cant sell it, still considered as being to expensive to buy,..........she wants to move down south to reading , to be near her daughter , hence she is asking a bit more for her house, but she has shown me prices of 300,000 plus for 1 bedroomed apartments, honestly a different world

a 4 bedroomed , 2 living rooms, large victorian house is for sale just round the corner from me, it is immaculate all ready to move in ,........ the owner has had it on the market for 4 years and still not sold,........reason being is she was asking 240,000 for it now dropped in price last 2 years to 220,000 and still cant sell it, still considered as being to expensive to buy,..........she wants to move down south to reading , to be near her daughter , hence she is asking a bit more for her house, but she has shown me prices of 300,000 plus for 1 bedroomed apartments, honestly a different world
Where do you live hector?

Not just getting the mortgage, imagine owing 600k on your house. f**k that hanging over you for 30years, having to earn a wedge the whole time and see very little of it

220,000? I’ve got more on my credit card than that

Last edited: