Hot Wire cutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickyboy

Hi guys

does anyone know where I can buy a hot wire cutter for ewi insulation , also the price if possible

cheers

They do a cheap bow cutter on amazon, only a oner delivered not bad for the price , 240 with a bell transformer , or there are the nettuno and spit cutters at 1500 quid ish, give the cheap onwv a try if its a small job

Our EPS Promaster is used daily by JUB for cutting down their EPS. It is pretty quick and extremely accurate. Will try and get a video on Youtube

Had a job recently using 90mm eps. The customer had put 40mm battens all over the place for supports for hanging baskets etc. Cutting out a section out the back of a board is a pain. The hot knife will only cut slits and is a bit slow. Apart from the poly ball problem does anyone think a cordless mini circular saw would be beneficial?

Had a job recently using 90mm eps. The customer had put 40mm battens all over the place for supports for hanging baskets etc. Cutting out a section out the back of a board is a pain. The hot knife will only cut slits and is a bit slow. Apart from the poly ball problem does anyone think a cordless mini circular saw would be beneficial?

Riggers all you needed was the sled and a different blade not the straight jobby that comes in the kit. buy the blades as flat metal and shape what ever size box section you want to cut for chasing out.
look at the hot wire kits rather than just the knife in a box job.

That looks like what I need. Took ages to cut out for 4 x 2 battens!

Will see Les at PFT Northern and see what he has.

Found one on Germanys ebay 2300 euros!

Refina seems to have one which looks like a clone but cheaper. Surprised what a big box it comes in.

External Wall Insulation Tools

I would have thought you could have used the hand held 1300mm cutter for an easier straight line and for channels?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.