Hot weather vs rendering

I always think to myself what is total honest gut feeling and go with that when deciding who’s in the right with every job mate as long as I have a clear conscious then everything is ok

but as said if you are ill recovering is number one atm for you

I’ve got one:
Get him round, cos your laid up with broken shoulders or collars or something, get him to fit a catheter on you, film it, act the part of a vulnerable disabled person, Sue him for s*x abuse of disabled people but say you will drop the charges if he drops the crumbly render case
:rebotando:
wtf:ROFLMAO:

wouldn’t have gone near it. he sounds like a cock ,it was too hot ,pva is for blue peter? 4:1? thermals?
man up.... you bodged it.... tell him to jog on.

wouldn’t have gone near it. he sounds like a cock ,it was too hot ,pva is for blue peter? 4:1? thermals?
man up.... you bodged it.... tell him to jog on.
So I've got it all wrong pva, the mix ratio etc... to be fair he may be the cock, but I'm the dickhead who did it :tonto: should of just steered clear

I always think to myself what is total honest gut feeling and go with that when deciding who’s in the right with every job mate as long as I have a clear conscious then everything is ok

but as said if you are ill recovering is number one atm for you
Wish I did mate, knew it was to hot, but what ever was telling him was going in one ear out the other, "I've got the materials I want the job and need the job done end of" was his response

So pva outside on any substrate is a big no no? Have used before must admit an haven't had any problems, but from what people are saying it's a no go, sbr or render grit from now on for me!

The heat has killed it but it could have been avoided in a way.

cover the wall up the night before to keep it in the cool, hot blocks just make the water in the mix evaporate. Avoid working in the sun but if you have to like you did then uncover as you go and re cover immediately. Not ideal though.

The problem with the adhesives like sbr, pva, eva, rendagrip, micro etc is you have killed all suction so when your thin coat of wet gobbo goes on before it has chance to chemically set and then cure, the water it needs to do that action has evaporated so you finish up with not much more than dried sand and cement.

If you had suction then you could have flooded the substrate but still keeping the work in the shade before and after as the water is evaporating you will be drawing the water out of the substrate to replace it. Watering it down after will not work with waterproofer added but will without waterproofer.

The thermalites are a problem as they need something between them and the render but I would be tempted to flood them and use a 6:1 mix. On blocks flood the night before or an hour or two sooner as the water runs down within the blocks but then settles on the horizontal mortar Joint causing a ripple.

But this is down to the builder pressng you to crack on. Always mention your concerns digitally that is your proof.

The heat has killed it but it could have been avoided in a way.

cover the wall up the night before to keep it in the cool, hot blocks just make the water in the mix evaporate. Avoid working in the sun but if you have to like you did then uncover as you go and re cover immediately. Not ideal though.

The problem with the adhesives like sbr, pva, eva, rendagrip, micro etc is you have killed all suction so when your thin coat of wet gobbo goes on before it has chance to chemically set and then cure, the water it needs to do that action has evaporated so you finish up with not much more than dried sand and cement.

If you had suction then you could have flooded the substrate but still keeping the work in the shade before and after as the water is evaporating you will be drawing the water out of the substrate to replace it. Watering it down after will not work with waterproofer added but will without waterproofer.

The thermalites are a problem as they need something between them and the render but I would be tempted to flood them and use a 6:1 mix. On blocks flood the night before or an hour or two sooner as the water runs down within the blocks but then settles on the horizontal mortar Joint causing a ripple.

But this is down to the builder pressng you to crack on. Always mention your concerns digitally that is your proof.
Many thanks mate for the detailed response, makes a lot of sense and will definitely bear in mind with rendering jobs going forward

That's the problem to many builder's spread themselves to thin so they want everything done yesterday desperately trying to get the money in to keep all the plates spinning.

I went to look at a job for a builder the other week, said to him I'd get it done in a day, he turned round and said no no there's 2 days there, there's 2 days work, I was like wow am I hearing things :LOL:

I went to look at a job for a builder the other week, said to him I'd get it done in a day, he turned round and said no no there's 2 days there, there's 2 days work, I was like wow am I hearing things :LOL:
Tell there's two days money on the job but you'll get it done in a day to help him out.
You're all heart.