Hop ups ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonesy666

Hi guys

its time to invest in a new hop up and I've been looking for these larger / wider ones and can't seem to find them. The hop up I'm replacing is for higher ceilings so its taller than the average ones but in the past I have saw these slightly wider and longer hop ups, making life a little easier as your working off a bigger platform.

Do any of you guys know any websites I can get one off?

Thanks !

I'm liking myself after mine decided to throw me across the room on Monday.
I ended up lying on the floor with a knackered knee and covered in plaster.
I'm looking for the 600 high one..they do them on screwfix fit around 38 but I think eBay is probably as good a place as any.

Bloody predictive text...haha..I'm never liking myself.. shoulda said looking and I can't seem to edit my post

When i was a full-yime spread i had a milk crate and smaller beer crate wired together it was great !!!!!

I used to use a few milk crates but you can't on some sites these days, when your working on higher ceiling I think these wider hop ups would easily give you your money back, having a bigger area to work off means you can cover bigger areas without getting up and down every time.

I saw a guy a few years back with a massive hop up but can't find them just yet

We had one lad booted off site for using crates.
Tiny room and was using create to put a board on so he didn't have to bend right down for the plaster.

Refina did some very good ones but they were recently discontinued just as I was about to buy another. 600 wide by 1500 long. Around £120 but well worth it as I've had my present one for a number of years.

Refina did some very good ones but they were recently discontinued just as I was about to buy another. 600 wide by 1500 long. Around £120 but well worth it as I've had my present one for a number of years.
Was just about to order some more myself ,got the company who supplied refina and sent them a email to see if I can purchase direct from them and I can just waiting for prices back as they are in Italy ,but best ones I have ever used so want to get some more

Was just about to order some more myself ,got the company who supplied refina and sent them a email to see if I can purchase direct from them and I can just waiting for prices back as they are in Italy ,but best ones I have ever used so want to get some more

Nice one, can you let me know how you get on?

Same here, Can you let me know how you get on as i will always add to my collection of them hop ups. Also a few of my mates are trying to steal the ones i have, Would be great if you can help out with the information needed so i can order a few more. Many thanks

I have a couple of hop ups and a couple of beer crates. We looked at a new hop up from a local tool supplier last year. We were after a taller hop up but was told they now can't be used on sites. H and S bull about them being too high. It was literally 100 mm taller than what we had but they stopped stocking them because lads wouldn't buy them as not allowed on site

39 squid in Toolstation for 600 high
40 in Wickes but only 500 high
38 in Screwfix for 600 high.

Don't get the Toolstation one. They're crap. They are really flimsy, like baking foil, and creak like crazy. No bracing across the platform. It will drive you mad. Same with the Youngman / Wickes one for roughly the same price. Took that one back. Invest a bit more money and get a good quality one. If you get one online you have seven days to return for a full refund if you are not happy. They are lying if they tell you any different. You will have to pay return postage though. But that would be less than a tenner. I have seen a few metre long ones on Ebay but you just cannot be sure of the quality. I have a 3 metre one with adjustable legs for ceilings. Fantastic. For anything taller than 10ft I use my lightweight platforms that I drag about. Or run scaffs across them. Have three of them.

@Jurek where did you get that 3m bench from? It looks just what I need now that I've ditched the stilts.

Last edited by a moderator:
i got is off ebay, andy. about two or three months ago. £26. but had to go to manchester to pick it up, so say about £40 with the fuel. its superb. its australian, by tommy tucker trestles. if you google it you can see their entire range. i have a pair of plank clamps as well. got them a few years ago though. in fact i need to get them back off pete the p1ss :RpS_mad:. not sure if you can get either in this country. someone should import them, there would be a big demand for both. the guy i got the hop up off said he did dry lining in Oz and they used them there, so not sure whether it was something he had shipped back with his furnitureor what. bargain, though. platform height is from 550 to 850, but i drilled a few more holes in the legs and can get it to 950

I like the idea of a platform like that but needs to be a bit higher. I've got an ally tower and want to get 2 of the braces shortened so I can use the half lift on its own for ceilings

Don't get the Toolstation one. They're crap. They are really flimsy, like baking foil, and creak like crazy. No bracing across the platform. It will drive you mad. Same with the Youngman / Wickes one for roughly the same price. Took that one back. Invest a bit more money and get a good quality one. If you get one online you have seven days to return for a full refund if you are not happy. They are lying if they tell you any different. You will have to pay return postage though. But that would be less than a tenner. I have seen a few metre long ones on Ebay but you just cannot be sure of the quality. I have a 3 metre one with adjustable legs for ceilings. Fantastic. For anything taller than 10ft I use my lightweight platforms that I drag about. Or run scaffs across them. Have three of them.

I've been looking for something like those 3m adjustable trestles for months....why isn't someone selling them in UK. .......

............I wonder if he'd export a pallet load......a slow boat from oz can't be that expensive? Might take 3 months to get here tho!

Rayt....I've been looking round and am nowhere closer to finding a decent hop up.
I'm looking at spending around 60 squids on one but want the 600 high one.
Anyone got any idea where I can get one?
Really don't want a diy, flimsy one but for how often I need one I can't justify spending a lot.
Cheers gents.

Wow some great stands and hop-up here guys ! , any fat-boy here need the reinforcing , nothing more embarrassing than breaking a single plank LOL :)......

Status
Not open for further replies.