Hook beads from Contract beads

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's on the lower one mate. Thanks for the tips I'll try them out tomorrow. It was proper caked all around the rubber. Also is the mixing shaft rubber meant to get a bit of wear on it? Haven't looked at Facebook tonight but will now

ah ok. i use mine on the top one most of the time. i have no idea why there are 2. i think different materials work better with the different inlets. i was having a problem with hardwall a while back and swapped to the top 1 and it seemed to mix better and have left it there since. yep the mixing shaft will wear. iv had mine for about 3 yrs tho and its still fine. im not sure how long they last for.

These look excellent.

How heavy are they, do they take a lot of filling out?

Are you able to squeeze them a bit if you need to put them on thicker?

they are the same as normal beads mate just with little hooks, i reckon they will be standard issue soon. They are that good a idea, such a simple design aswell if he sold the pattern he would make a mint

had a little chat with contract beads today. he reckons the guy will soon be either putting his prices up or selling the patent as some bigger bead companies are trying to buy it.

also my box arrived today. how exciting !! they are the most stupidly simple idea i cant believe no1 thought of it before. gonna try them tommorrow. i do hope i can get to sleep tonight

had a little chat with contract beads today. he reckons the guy will soon be either putting his prices up or selling the patent as some bigger bead companies are trying to buy it.

also my box arrived today. how exciting !! they are the most stupidly simple idea i cant believe no1 thought of it before. gonna try them tommorrow. i do hope i can get to sleep tonight

did you sleep ok?

lol. yeah i just about got to sleep after some hot cocoa.

theyre the nuts i think. just cant believe no1 thought of the idea sooner. and theyre only 80p per bead. cant go wrong i dont think

so where is the cheapest place to get beads from then?
where did you get the hook beads from?

hook beads from contract beads. its in the thread title lol. £42 a box of 50 delivery inc

they have some skim beads on there for £25+vat for 50 also. but they may charge delivery on that. not sure

i have been known to on occasion. but then i do have hook beads... :)

just got a nice lime job to start in about 4 weeks. all rounds corners :-0

I've found these beads to be a Godsend. Beading onto boards of over 12.5mm with normal beads means you can't get a fix into the stud. As long as the boards are true you can hang one in seconds and not have to worry about screws, clouts or plastering them on.
Sticking them into old plaster is still a problem though. I do wonder why there's not a wider skim bead to go over an existing one with a screw or nail fixing.

Sticking them into old plaster is still a problem though. I do wonder why there's not a wider skim bead to go over an existing one with a screw or nail fixing.

If I'm beading over old skim beads I just bang a clout through the lot. If you're really in the sh1t and cant get a nail in, then scrim it on. It's a suprisingly strong way of fixing a bead....normally takes a heavy coat of finish though.

These beads sound good though on plasterboard.

Thank-you WUP,

you know something it is hard to keep up with new techs etc in the building trade, and I as others, I'am sure will fumble along that ditch of despair unaware of new innovative products that actually work.
Unlike that bucket trowel effort.

Lads if you see something useful or not let us all know.

Rock on !

looks like the chap in the demo was fixing to existing work at one point, do you reckon they will hold for an over-skim on solids?

Rock on !

Status
Not open for further replies.