1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Homebase!!! Made my day..

Discussion in 'General Trade Discussions' started by Daniel Turk, Jan 11, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Daniel Turk

Daniel Turk New Member

Hi all, right so I know there's a post made prior to this one regarding deal and closing down prices from homebase because there now Bunnings and that....... so I took the post up on its word went down there and saw they got MT Hawks for £10 ea MT preworn 14" gold handle trowel £20!!! I even bought myself a pair of £3 300mm snips, a 5pc with mandrel hole saw set for the sake of it because it was a quid!!! There's loads of stock being sold cheap down there. Bearing in mind some of there stuff is still expensive they wanted £76 for a mt permashape 13" !!!!! f**k**g hell!

So get down there and check it all out guys!

But more importantly to get to my point after questing the guy at the till about the £75 trowel I saw on his system they had £10 mt hawks, he shouting across to someone who pointed where they were to me well I couldn't see any so I asked the bloke to come back and show me , even told him I was plasterer and I couldn't see a hawk bla bla... he walks up to the product to only pick up a PLASTIC BIRD HAWK!!!... look I don't know if that's a funny as it was to me over text but that was good that made my day that. I ripped the fucker about it hard while he walked me to the actual mt hawks!!! :risas2::tonto::cachetada:

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. algeeman

algeeman Private Member

£76 for the worst trowel ever invented.
    no wonder there shutting shop !!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

my nearest one is 20 miles away...lol

4. Daniel Turk

Daniel Turk New Member

30 minute drive, worth it danny mate (y)

5. algeeman

algeeman Private Member

im not sure permashape is a trowel daniel....there bent and made to bend.
    there useless.
    i work on my own all day i often talk to myself sometimes i hear voices ...its the permashape asking to join in ....."no f**k off" i tell it.
    "you had your chance you blew it"
    ive learned to ignore the plastic trowels they get angry.

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. Nicm

Nicm Well-Known Member

I think it was the dearest trowel I ever bought and never liked it,too much of a bend on it and had tennis elbow using it.Much prefer the xtralites.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

haha not where I live... it will be near an hour :D sod that :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. essexandy

essexandy Private Member

I've used Permashape's for years, my favourite trowels by a mile.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. scottie5

scottie5 Private Member

Perhaps not one to order online though?.
    I've had some proper strange shaped trowels turn up from postman pat.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. essexandy

essexandy Private Member

Yeah I've heard that from a few people but, despite ordering off of eBay, I've always been lucky.

• Like Like x 1
  11. algeeman

algeeman Private Member

cracking trowel for floating.. plaster sits on trowel niceley...i never liked them for skimming though...doesnt seem flat enough.(y)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. smoother09

smoother09 Private Member

Thought they were dishing out blowjobs by thread title!! Homebase made my day!!!
    Not spunking over tools ffs I'm glad to see back of my tools at end of the day!!
    I wake every morning in hope of van been done over! Even leave it open for the thieving fucker:bananahappy: they must think it's a trap !!! Take um so I can f**k it off and get a job in b&q till I keel over and die:ROFLMAO:

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. essexandy

essexandy Private Member

To me they're exactly how I used to get a trowel worn in on S&C before only being used for skimming.

14. algeeman

algeeman Private Member

blade for me is too warped.
    2nd trowel is mt xtra light.
    quality for skimming (y)

Attached Files:

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. smoother09

I just want to know what's under the black bags in your photos!
    I hope it's a sethered head and not multi finish as I suspect.

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. algeeman

algeeman Private Member

scirts and arcs....as usual plastering around everyone elses shite !!

17. smoother09

:( how disappointing ya could of lied to me lol.:sorprendido3:

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. algeeman

algeeman Private Member

i was lying ....its realy a bale of heroin.:rico:

• Like Like x 1
  19. essexandy

essexandy Private Member

It could be that because I have never used a Permashape over 12in that I don't find them too curved?
    I used to use the Xtralites myself, but moved to the Permashape's when the S&C work dried up.
    To be honest the Xtralite's, Ragni's and Tyzak's all ended up more curved over time than the Permashape's are, and stay.
    As with many things in life, we're all different and as long as we turn out decent work does it really matter what we use?

• Like Like x 1
  20. plastererpeter

plastererpeter Active Member

Hawks 5 no £20

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 3
  21. gps

gps Private Member

Still making zero sense

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. algeeman

algeeman Private Member

how you doing mate x

23. gps

gps Private Member

Good thanks buddy, just about keeping the wolves from the door lol, you ?

• Like Like x 1
  24. plastererpeter

plastererpeter Active Member

I bought 5 Hawks from homebase cost me £20 that ok

• Like Like x 1
  25. algeeman

algeeman Private Member

i havnt been to homebase so life is pretty good hahaha xx

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. Cockney1

Cockney1 Active Member

FFS!!! at LAST!!!!!! :bananahappy:
    That was frigging HARD WORK!!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  27. LC Plasterers

LC Plasterers New Member

Remember being in bunnings in Oz, had some great deals from memory or might have just been the better exchange rate back then ;)

Be good to see if they turn round the expensive Homebase and get some better stock levels in! Sounds like they have

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Danny

Danny TPF OWNER

Yup

29. gps

gps Private Member

Out of curiosity I went into homebase in Biggleswade yesterday, it was like a junk shop, isles of dirty great plastic containers for sale, total dogsh it

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. Vincey

Vincey Private Member

What’s a 5 hawk ?

• Funny Funny x 1
  31. Fatarm

Fatarm Trainee mod

Between a a four and six and a ching chong potato :rolleyes:

32. imago

imago Private Member

Wickes? With my reputation?! :eek:

I couldn't allow my van to be seen in a Wickes car park next to all the hatchbacks and rusty overloaded vans piloted by our tinted brethren no matter how cheap their gear is. :LOL:

• Funny Funny x 3
  33. LC Plasterers

LC Plasterers New Member

IF anyone else’s fences have blown down in the last few days then head to Homebase! Postmix for £4 a bag is a bargain, my local selco is £6 a bag in comparison. Just don’t buy your plaster in Homebase

• Like Like x 1