Holiday

Members online

carys

Any of you lads being or going abroad this summer whith kids. Hopping to save a bit for next summer or summer after. The prices are stupid for a family of 5 and they say it cheaper to go abroad who does maths. 4 5 grand might pull the kids out of school. half the price out of peak but Mrs doesn't whant that. The trouble is if this brexit goes the through the prices could go up again lol.

Were dreading after next year. Got cyprus for 3 of us 2400 . Go 30th of august. Week before was 4 grand
No sense in it I can't afford the peak season between every other cost I've got. I'm not going put self in to debts for sun tan and see kids swim. I can have holiday in this country for 800 pounds and see them swim. When I was kid Ive got good memories of holidays in this country never went abroad. But know it all changed for the worse..

Go UK camping
That what I do static caravan haven parks and so on great holiday love them my self great for the kids and we alway being lucky whith weather. But kids know a days whantgo abroad becouse ther frends go. And I know for a fact that most of them are debt becouse of it people put 5 grand on a credit card.

Personally i think getting into debt to keep up with the Jones's is not good education , we bought a few acres of land to camp on , the kids and their mates spent half their summers their , most learned to drive when they got old enough , £12k investment now worth £200k , not for sale though ,,,,, get yer own lol
Seriously , best investment ever !!!!

Any of you lads being or going abroad this summer whith kids. Hopping to save a bit for next summer or summer after. The prices are stupid for a family of 5 and they say it cheaper to go abroad who does maths. 4 5 grand might pull the kids out of school. half the price out of peak but Mrs doesn't whant that. The trouble is if this brexit goes the through the prices could go up again lol.
Look for flights to Tenerife and check out prices for Malibu park or other hotels in the area, not that expensive at all and great for kids.

Check teletext holidays and you’ll get an idea of where is cheap to fly/stay at but don’t book through them, book your flights and accommodation separate and you’ll save a good few pounds

We’re away in Crete. 4 of us. Got a free child place so wasn’t bad at £2100 for a week all inclusive in a 4 star. Only booked it about 3 weeks ago. Good flights too.
As said, prices are likely to keep going skywards. Looks like we might be going back to the good old days of Scarborough and Skegness if it gets any dearer

Theres a deal in local travel agents family of four . Florida all park passes next july.. sure it's less then 3 grand

We’re away in Crete. 4 of us. Got a free child place so wasn’t bad at £2100 for a week all inclusive in a 4 star. Only booked it about 3 weeks ago. Good flights too.
As said, prices are likely to keep going skywards. Looks like we might be going back to the good old days of Scarborough and Skegness if it gets any dearer
I’ll see u there lol ,good price that ,we’re going Thursday to hersonissoss 5 of us 11 days £3600 we defo book ahead next time

Just been lindos Rhodes, was £4800 for 5 of us free baby place went same hotel in June 16 was £2800 for 4 of us, get spanked in school hols. Both 10 nights

It's hot enough here in UK sometimes if you catch weather. We use Airbnb and you can have as many nights as you want. 8 nights this year on South coast. Depends what you want though as I guess as most want a pool and lots off sun bit I can't stand there heat... Much rather go look about with just a day or two on the sand and in the drink... Having a house is way better than a van and ours was £107 a day

20190820_111447.jpg

When you live this close to the sea sometimes wonder why I would want to go on holiday...

20190820_111442.jpg

That what I do static caravan haven parks and so on great holiday love them my self great for the kids and we alway being lucky whith weather. But kids know a days whantgo abroad becouse ther frends go. And I know for a fact that most of them are debt becouse of it people put 5 grand on a credit card.
There is a holiday park In Newquay called Hendra. Look it up- great for kids- indoor and outdoor pools with slides

We do alternates 1 yr holiday in this country and abroad the next helps kees the costs down...just got back from a week in york visiting whitby etc. Next year greece.
Used to go to turkey but prices gone up circa 20 % in last year for everything. £3 for a pint in turkey. No ta

We do alternates 1 yr holiday in this country and abroad the next helps kees the costs down...just got back from a week in york visiting whitby etc. Next year greece.
Used to go to turkey but prices gone up circa 20 % in last year for everything. £3 for a pint in turkey. No ta
Alot seem to be going Bulgaria now.

I loved camping as a kid! It was great! I don’t think kids really care what you do with them. I loved going to the dump and throwing s**t over the wall and listening to the bottles smash! I’m just as easily entertained now to be fair!

I loved camping as a kid! It was great! I don’t think kids really care what you do with them. I loved going to the dump and throwing s**t over the wall and listening to the bottles smash! I’m just as easily entertained now to be fair!
When we were kids all rough ens use to go to landfill . You could find tennis balls . Spectrum computer games . And strips of iron on slazenger logos . Every kid from askern had a slazenger school shirt

Last edited:
Went to Bulgaria in 91 ish beer 30 p a pint hookers were like page 3 birds .4 pounds 25p . I was with the wife .