hmmm

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol it a about 150m2 worth to do so just wanna fint the quickest way. went to the local hire shop and the best they could offer was a needle gun which would take forever

wouldnt trust anything on paint think about it what ever you put on it is only as strong as the background imagine hanging a few ton of sand and cement on a layer of paint whats gonna happen ? maybe not straight away but its gonna fail

its mechanically fixed aswell, just done a massive place and the rep said to go right over the paint and use extra fixings and that was marmorit

A mate of mine does sand-blasting for a living, 75% of his work is small stuff like cleaning up beams and fire surrounds, but he does occasionally strip full houses. As a rough guide, an average sized 3/4 bed detached house takes him about 2 days, and he charges about a grand.

He's a few hundred miles away from you Rich, so no point me giving you his number, but might give you some idea on pricing

anyone used that Parex Parinter yet.........it's a product designed especially to renovate painted facades to cut down on sometimes unnecessary hacking off. The paint obviously can't be peeling off though. Although saying that can't you just get ur lab to disc cut the whole area to give a mech key and mesh away rich?

There's no real weight to speak of with a thin coat system with mesh embedded......a bit like putting an extra pair of socks on.....just not the sort of thing that 'falls' off if you know what i mean cos it's wrapped and not plastered??

keep an eye on ebay rich the power stripper things come up every now and then the last one went for 150 i think

You need it blasting soda thats the most gentle way of doing it, used also when cleaning sand stone.

its all down to cost and budgets mate.

goody said:
anyone used that Parex Parinter yet.........it's a product designed especially to renovate painted facades to cut down on sometimes unnecessary hacking off. The paint obviously can't be peeling off though. Although saying that can't you just get ur lab to disc cut the whole area to give a mech key and mesh away rich?

There's no real weight to speak of with a thin coat system with mesh embedded......a bit like putting an extra pair of socks on.....just not the sort of thing that 'falls' off if you know what i mean cos it's wrapped and not plastered??

i was just about to mention this gear had the parex rep round the other day and he was raving about it it cant be bad when then give you a guarentee with a product like this

i had a spec before from marmo for using the stabalizer/sm7 and mesh pinned in/ then top as needed.
But like you say and kingy there, its as good in parts as the paint that will one day delaminate but if thats decades or just a couple of years?? its just good practice to remove paint where poss imo richy

do you mean bed the big srim/mesh into a coat then fix it ?......what sort of fixings do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.