hits in a day?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveparkinson

Just wondering how many hits you lads are doing in a day? I used to have 3 the 3rd one been a small one just for something to trowel up in between tidying up.Nowdays i only have 2 and make the "day" up beading or scriming up setting up scaffold etc If im pricing a job I'll work it out on 2 hits a day then if i want a 3rd its bonus.Maybe im just getting old!

im with u mate, domestic usually means settin up, sheetin up, pva 2 coats, dabbin beads on, scrapin high spots, fillin the old 'can u just stick a bit of stuff in this for me', then payin attention to different backgrounds and settin speeds... cant do 3 less its on board, smallish sets in summer..
i like 2 decent size sets and bead up/tidy up, clean window edges etc...
im 36 btw but feel 46... in my 20's i could run round all day like an idiot, get paid less for the privelage, then get shitfaced every night and still do it again the day after...not these days mate, i have regular physio/massage, maybe 1 a month, helps all the tendons/joints no end...and any more than 4 pints and im bloody useless till about 2 in the afternoon...in fact if i have 2 pints during the week i aint at my best in the mornin... :'(
believe me though, i used to put it away with the best of em...learnt that workin away, must have pissed a small fortune away in my time...what a waste

Yeah no what you mean im 36 with the aches and pains my grandad used to moan about :( Yeah im the same i feel like s**t the next day after just a couple now,don't know whats happening to me! The amount of saturdays i've been to work hanging from the night before.I don't go to work saturdays with hangovers anymore,i still have the hangovers i just don't go to work! ;D

I do 3 hits a day, I dont mind staying late so long as I can get it done in one day no point tidying up twice on the same job.

Danny

We're the same normally 2 hits but sometimes 3 on bigger jobs. We used to work silly hours 12 - 13 hour days 5-6 days a week but it gets too much and you can't be arsed anymore!

Most we did was 160 metres in a day! It was on site, 2 and a half spreads (young one laying on but not finishing) and 2 labourers. Only single coated it though as metre rate was really crap! Slept like a baby that night!

Yeah we're the same 2 sets mainly. Now and again we might venture into the 3rd if we have to finish a job to get to the next but you do feel it the next day. keep it at a steady pace, its the old tortoise and the hare scenario.

try and get 18-20 on easy enough, 30m a big set for me, only one of them a day if i can help it

Thing is you can't always put it down to metres,we'd all like to skim the corridor at grange hill!I'll never work metreridge some times you'll lose most times you'll win unlless you've got that job at grange hill

That Grange hill corridor... saw something similar the other day.
Went to see a mate of mine on site. He showed me a corridor they'd done (him and a labourer)
50m long about 4 doors on either side. no skirting, switches, sockets, architrave or even a ceiling!
Gonna have false ceiling installed. They did it in a day!
No setting up cos they been there for months just cracked on in morning down one side up the other.
Thats about 200m2 in a day!!
At £3.50 per m thats £700 in a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.