Hired the eze 24 last week Review

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazgunner

As the title says, Never done spraying before and wanted to give it a try, would of liked to of seen it in site conditions before I hired, but no HELP their.
Picked it up Saturday from Plaster 1 Stop shop and I think Ryan's dad Gave us a Demonstration AND A FEW TIPS went to work on Sunday so we wouldn't make fools of ourselves on Monday.

Well we got it all put together all the Hoses in the wright holes, knocked up half a bucket went over the joints round the beads
made sure we didn't have the air pressure to high ,my mate Knocked up a bucket of Multi up poured it in the Hopper turned it on and would you believe it I spraying plaster on the walls, I sound like a pig in **** but to be honest it was that Easy to set up , we sprayed one room first just to get used to but with the Speedskim and the eze spat I must say the was no pressure at All . we had it for a week and now will be buying one when we get our money together

So if you thinking of spraying I would Defo start with the eze24 first its Simple to set up and Easy to use I would say have the demo and do what we did go in on a sunday just to get used to setting up and spraying and cleaning , believe it or not on Monday we were like pros ( yea believe that )

ps Thank for all your help Ryan

As the title says, Never done spraying before and wanted to give it a try, would of liked to of seen it in site conditions before I hired, but no HELP their.
Picked it up Saturday from Plaster 1 Stop shop and I think Ryan's dad Gave us a Demonstration AND A FEW TIPS went to work on Sunday so we wouldn't make fools of ourselves on Monday.

Well we got it all put together all the Hoses in the wright holes, knocked up half a bucket went over the joints round the beads
made sure we didn't have the air pressure to high ,my mate Knocked up a bucket of Multi up poured it in the Hopper turned it on and would you believe it I spraying plaster on the walls, I sound like a pig in **** but to be honest it was that Easy to set up , we sprayed one room first just to get used to but with the Speedskim and the eze spat I must say the was no pressure at All . we had it for a week and now will be buying one when we get our money together

So if you thinking of spraying I would Defo start with the eze24 first its Simple to set up and Easy to use I would say have the demo and do what we did go in on a sunday just to get used to setting up and spraying and cleaning , believe it or not on Monday we were like pros ( yea believe that )

Did you spray more than you would put on by hand?

buy the End of the week we were putting on just as much but to be honest we didn't want to go mad but I do think once I was more confident I reckon yes prob could personally I will buy one because im not getting any younger and it just makes it easy beebn doing site work for 30 years so anything that makes plastering easier im up for cheers

Hi dazgunner, that's good to hear :).I bought one on Friday mainly for ewi but also bought skim set up as well but was only going to use it for big ceiling now and then 80 percent of my work is new build internal so might give it a go :). Did you say there's two of you how many hits would you get in a day cheers

I've ask the wife to buy me one for my fortieth!!!

You'd better have big, deep pockets for her birthday then.. Women can spend money like Jesus juggling marbles.. Especially when it's not theirs! :RpS_scared:

Did you spray one coat or 2

Is this the way it's done all the time ???? or is it just to "prime" the pump

You ant going to be spraying Plano through this as it dont exist anymore. All knauf premixed range are now designed to go through a airless rig.

However a screw pump machine like this will spray those as well :)

Used the ritmo the other day for some basecoating.

Airless piston pump wins hands down

How does a screw pump spray with no air? Is it just from the pressure created at the R/S? is the material then forced through a smaller nozzle with lots of tiny holes?

hi Dazgunner
i have never used a spray machine before,and i would like to ask some questions please.

so the tutorial will show you how to use the machine,as stated round beads & joints,but what about door frames? it wasn't mentioned.
we all know the carpenter can leave us with at least 5/10mm to build out around door frames,can the additional mixing machine, mix the skim stiff enough to build out around door frames? if necessary.

or pre bond it out.

can this eze24 be used in conjunction with float n set ?

can you use it on high porous backgrounds?

i would also be interested to hear how many meters you are able to put on ? before you have to go back to start finishing the walls.
this being based on a standard new build 3 bed house.

are you able to spray ceilings on and walls at the same time?

and also you will have to cover all fitted windows?

sorry for all the questions

regards

Davy

The answers are different depending on if your talking about gypsum skim or the premixed acrylic based skim

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1425674721.070153.jpg

Here is the image of the spray gun for Plaster. Same gun for EZE 24 and M100

Status
Not open for further replies.