• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

No members online now.
D

Deleted member 23452

It caused a bit of curtain twitching. :LOL:

IMG_20171030_143932.jpg

Nowt like doing a job properly. Beats 2/3 sweaty labourers with wheel barrows spilling conny all over the pavement

With current cdm regs we will/should be using stuff like this more. Manpower is overrated.

It was £350 to hire the pump truck to put 7 cubic metres (18 tonnes) of concrete straight into the footing at the back of the house. To put that into perspective it's 20 barrows per cube = 140 barrows, fcuk that!

Instead of working like a dog with the last couple of cube going off, we had a brew and a kit-kat whilst he set up the pipes, 20 minutes to pump it all in, and 15 minutes to poddle it about with the rake to get it nice and level. Then when he was done we cleared up the wash out and hosed down the drive and road to get rid of any splashes. (y)

They even discount the concrete if you hire the truck, so that was £86 + VAT a cube for C21.

Getting some Turkish men to work hard for free while you watch them do it is even better.

Have you ever used Barrowmix?

Not yet but could be good on some jobs if enough hands and barrows available cos they dont like to hang around long. if its a smallish slab we mix n run it ourselves but redimix shuted strait in or pumped is great.

Not yet but could be good on some jobs if enough hands and barrows available cos they dont like to hang around long. if its a smallish slab we mix n run it ourselves but redimix shuted strait in or pumped is great.

No... the point of barrowmix is that they mix it on the job and they barrow it in for you.

If you have lots of hands and barrows, then fcuk paying them to do it on top.

Not them, but I worked for people like them.... FCUK ME it was hard work. Every job was for a p**i builder who was getting his money's worth.

No... the point of barrowmix is that they mix it on the job and they barrow it in for you.

If you have lots of hands and barrows, then fcuk paying them to do it on top.

Not them, but I worked for people like them.... FCUK ME it was hard work. Every job was for a p**i builder who was getting his money's worth.

I didnt know they barrow it for you ! Sound pricey ?

I didnt know they barrow it for you ! Sound pricey ?

I don't know what the boss was charging. If it was by time on site or an inflated cube price. You'd have to see.

Worth a look if you have a b*****d of a job though - remember that there's no washing out to do and you don't lose anything to the pump.

The 'mix it and barrow it on site' stuff round here is utter sh1te, I wouldn't use it for a garden path never mind anything structural.

The 'mix it and barrow it on site' stuff round here is utter sh1te, I wouldn't use it for a garden path never mind anything structural.

No comment.

I wasn't privy to the boss's guarantees. I suppose you have to look and see whether you get one or not. If you do, you do. If you don't, you don't.

It did occur to me that they were doing well to mix it so quick, but it looked all right to me.

Because I live that far out in the sticks the nearest one of them for hire is 65ml away. Two weeks ago I went to give a builder I know the benefit of what little knowledge I have on using one on the first day of a three day pour around a swimming pool liner. Don't worry I said it's a piece of piss, he ended up on his back with concrete in both his wellies ! oh how we laughed well oh how I laughed

It was £350 to hire the pump truck to put 7 cubic metres (18 tonnes) of concrete straight into the footing at the back of the house. To put that into perspective it's 20 barrows per cube = 140 barrows, fcuk that!

Instead of working like a dog with the last couple of cube going off, we had a brew and a kit-kat whilst he set up the pipes, 20 minutes to pump it all in, and 15 minutes to poddle it about with the rake to get it nice and level. Then when he was done we cleared up the wash out and hosed down the drive and road to get rid of any splashes. (y)

They even discount the concrete if you hire the truck, so that was £86 + VAT a cube for C21.
Working smart not hard,

This is a typical day example of it
Fair play

Slightly off subject but sort of same thing to make life easier in London they have gangs of bumpers that shift up boards for you on a site well did a few year back and they were all oz or New Zealand blokes fit as fcuk would turn up on push bikes bump a load of plasterboard out for who ever not break a sweat then go on to the next job never seen anything like it

For me a 6x3 has a picture of 2 men carrying a board so safety first in my eyes

No comment.

I wasn't privy to the boss's guarantees. I suppose you have to look and see whether you get one or not. If you do, you do. If you don't, you don't.

It did occur to me that they were doing well to mix it so quick, but it looked all right to me.

I think like a lot of stuff in the building trade in Birmingham it's "never mind the quality, feel the width". A lot of builders/trades compete on price, so they want everything as cheap as possible. That in turn means that a lot of small outfit suppliers throw out any old cr4p so that it's cheap as there are so many of them they join the race to the bottom to stay working.

I think like a lot of stuff in the building trade in Birmingham it's "never mind the quality, feel the width". A lot of builders/trades compete on price, so they want everything as cheap as possible. That in turn means that a lot of small outfit suppliers throw out any old cr4p so that it's cheap as there are so many of them they join the race to the bottom to stay working.
Buy cheap buy twice

Of course. The customer doesn't want to pay. Until they do - which they won't - you'll have this endless trade off between what's cheap and what can actually be done.