hire

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just get in contact with Monkey or Simply, as your a member of the forum and their only here for the good of everyone else I'm absolutely sure they'd let you borrow one of their machines for a while ::)

just got off the phone to a guy from ptf nice bloke
£6.80+vat per bag of mp75
£45 to drop it off to me
£300+vat for a weeks hire
PTF ritmo with genny 3fase
and genny
induckshion £150 3 hours
plus a deposit

he said that 230v machines are illigal
and that a 110v machine is a load more to hire then 3fase
25bags think came to about £255+drop off i think
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now I was only jokeing about Monkey and Simply but I'm bloody sure that if they had a machine for you they wouldn't charge you £50 an hour for your induction.

i had to sit down when i sored the prices out on paper that well over the top i thinks
well im thinking about it over a cuppa i want to get a machine thats why i wanted too hire one first but fooook that for a price i can hire 2 polish lads for £60 3days lol and pocket the rest 8)

I think thats more than fair , after all the man has a business to run with overheads, look on the bright side you might get a cheap carpet off the back of it ;)

carping said:
just got off the phone to a guy from ptf nice bloke
£6.80+vat per bag of mp75
£45 to drop it off to me
£300+vat for a weeks hire
PTF ritmo with genny 3fase
and genny
induckshion £150 3 hours
plus a deposit

he said that 230v machines are illigal
and that a 110v machine is a load more to hire then 3fase
25bags think came to about £255+drop off i think
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

6.80 is expensive. and 240 is fine but u do need an rcd. but thats not a problem. same as using a 240 whisk

But 240v is banned on most sites isn't it? it certainly has been on all the sites I've worked on in the last 15 years or so.

no. just most companies say u cant use it. but it is completly legal as long as u have an rcd. the main problem is getting to a 240 power source. but u can use a genny with rcd for 240

Why would you want a 3 phase genny for a single phase ritmo, if you go up there make sure you pull your trousers and pants down before you go in there just to save him the job cos he'll probably charge you for pulling your pants down anyway. I love the bloke

yer i dont want it for site work at the mo its just a job i got on at the mo and was thinking of getting one on hire till i can get one

nick0412 said:
no. just most companies say u cant use it. but it is completly legal as long as u have an rcd. the main problem is getting to a 240 power source. but u can use a genny with rcd for 240

So it's not actually illegal to use it but most companies wont let it be used on their sites, sort of adds up to the same thing if you're thinking of buying a 240v machine or even mixing drill though doesn't it.

i was asking about the 240v one and he said thee banned and id need a 3fase and a genny too run it thats fine with me but if i get one i dont want to hump a genny all over the place
are the 110v ones good for spraying finish and backing coat then

essexandy said:
nick0412 said:

So it's not actually illegal to use it but most companies wont let it be used on their sites, sort of adds up to the same thing if you're thinking of buying a 240v machine or even mixing drill though doesn't it.

well. they guys i work for were all its 110 only. when i explained to them, and asked one of the guys to check it out, he said no ur right, and let us use 240. no different to using a step up tranny. theyre just rcd'd. i think the main problem is most site managers have no idea what thyre talking about in the 1st place. if u ask them 99% will say no its not allowed. but then they use hoovers on hire that are 240.

To be honest we got a 240 ritmo and we're using it on site all the time with no probs or we just run it from a genny
and £6.80 for MP75 you can buy it for £5.75 a bag ...... Have youpulledyour pants down yet

240 ritmo isn't illegal think about it the ritmo runs on 240v the 3 phase runs on 415 volts the 110v will spray finish and mp75 but won't do renders and also the 110v draws more amps then the 240v so there's as much chance of that killing you as the 240 notthat either will of course as pft do build rather good machines

southernmonkey said:
To be honest we got a 240 ritmo and we're using it on site all the time with no probs or we just run it from a genny
and £6.80 for MP75 you can buy it for £5.75 a bag ...... Have youpulledyour pants down yet

240 ritmo isn't illegal think about it the ritmo runs on 240v the 3 phase runs on 415 volts the 110v will spray finish and mp75 but won't do renders and also the 110v draws more amps then the 240v so there's as much chance of that killing you as the 240 notthat either will of course as pft do build rather good machines

i get it 5.30 now :eek:

You should sell it nick you could make a few quid , we love it Steve it's just a great little machine been using it this week to spray some rend aid nicks got the extension hopper and it does make a big difference

I think if your new to machine plastering and looking to invest in anew machine then look at the xl but for the likes of us who already have machines then it's a great second machine

southernmonkey said:
The G4 is 3 phase nick and we with the ritmo we either go straight into the mains or we use our genny

yeah i no but are u supossed to have an rcd of some sort set up?

240 is ok if you are just doing work for a small builder where health and safety is not much of an issue but on sites it's a big no no

FFS, WE USE THE 240V RITMO ON BIG SITES ALL THE TIME AS MONKEY HAS ALREADY SAID BUT SOME BRAIN DEAD IDIOTS ON HERE KEEP PIPING ON ABOUT BEING A BIG NO NO. IF YOU RUN FROM A GENNY AND HAVE THE BLUE PUSH IN PLUGS THEN NOBODY WILL SAY A WORD. LOOK AT THE SILO'S ON SITE. 240V.

Status
Not open for further replies.