High suction walls

Members online

T

Tam Ross 1888

Guys looking for a bit of advice.
What is your best remedy for high suction walls ( Lath & plaster ) before you apply multi finish. Never really used a suction control primer before & would that be adequate anyhow?

Just don't understand how you could never have really used a suction control primer before? You either have or you haven't, and if you've ever plastered a wall other than plasterboard you must have

Have you heard of pva or blue grit pal? It's a game changer ffs
Mate don't be a dick. My post was about the PVA not being good enough to hold back the plaster as the walls are very porous.
The question was straight forward to the forum what does people use to overcome this problem.

Just don't understand how you could never have really used a suction control primer before? You either have or you haven't, and if you've ever plastered a wall other than plasterboard you must have
Normally just PVA maybe my post suggested I had never used any kind. That is misleading what I was asking was what do members use to overcome the problem of high suction.

Just keep coating until it doesn't go off within 5 minutes. 3 coats usually does the job. Love high suction walls, multi reacts better and the sets quicker.
Thanks mate. I detest high suction walls. Do you use any other suction control primer other than PVA. eg Blue grit?

Thanks mate. I detest high suction walls. Do you use any other suction control primer other than PVA. eg Blue grit?
Not normally, customer I'm working for today has green gritted all the ceilings for me. It's hanging like f**k tbh, only just started the second ceiling so may be a decent option

Mate don't be a dick. My post was about the PVA not being good enough to hold back the plaster as the walls are very porous.
The question was straight forward to the forum what does people use to overcome this problem.
Mate your question is stupid,just give it a couple coats of pva and more watered down..how big is the wall? Surely not enough for you to lose the set.if you want it to hang more,grit it..the 1st coat of pva the wall will suck it in then just put a more watery 2and coat on top if it's still sucking like whore in a brothel add 1 more coat..ffs

Mate your question is stupid,just give it a couple coats of pva and more watered down..how big is the wall? Surely not enough for you to lose the set.if you want it to hang more,grit it..the 1st coat of pva the wall will suck it in then just put a more watery 2and coat on top if it's still sucking like whore in a brothel add 1 more coat..ffs
Thanks, but the sarcasm? wasn't really hard to answer the question eh.

No problem tam..just think what your asking in future me old spud..it really is a silly question if you think about it,deserves to be in diy section,bit like a joiner going on a joiner forum and asking how to cut a piece of wood
It wasn't really mate it was probably just worded wrong. A lot of guys have different methods of dealing with different situations ( I've already had three different approaches to my question ) that's why its good to get other opinions. Thanks.

tam,what is your view on the forthcoming armageddon,4 horses of the apocalypse which is heading our way,.....you see, let you into a secret can i get my fellow spreads to listen to me , do they hang on my every word and advice, no,.....will they listen to me, no,......mmmmmm i think that was it, okey dokey pig in a pokey