High performance waterproof render

Members online

jumpinjesus

Hi Guys
Please can enyone advise on a waterproof render that actually works well? Is SBR the key?

I need to render party walls a of terraced property to hold back moisture coming from
neighbouring prpoerties. I have inserted chemical dpc from my side but cannot stop moisture
from bridging through the neoghbouring walls ! Also is there a knowledge base I can access
for this type of info ?

Thanks for reading

Dave.

fit a bituthene membrane, you hold the bituthene against the wall, hit with a club hammer this will then stick to the wall without piercing the membrane.
dot and dab on the membrane and skim.

Hi Guys
Please can enyone advise on a waterproof render that actually works well? Is SBR the key?

I need to render party walls a of terraced property to hold back moisture coming from
neighbouring prpoerties. I have inserted chemical dpc from my side but cannot stop moisture
from bridging through the neoghbouring walls ! Also is there a knowledge base I can access
for this type of info ?

Thanks for reading

Dave.

Have you hacked off the old render and redone using the right render and additive after the chemical dpc insertion? If not that's your problem.
If you have then it's either not the right spec you've done or you've done it wrong.

Give us more detailed info?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys

for this type of info ?

Thanks for reading

Dave.

Dave my friend have you put on the heating lately ....my brothers called dave and hes a right tight cuunt.
So is my uncle.
Tight and called dave !!

Dave my friend have you put on the heating lately ....my brothers called dave and hes a right tight cuunt.
So is my uncle.
Tight and called dave !!
Hi algeeman, i'm not tight its my wife ! She's a right little hitler ! But thanks for the reply !

fit a bituthene membrane, you hold the bituthene against the wall, hit with a club hammer this will then stick to the wall without piercing the membrane.
dot and dab on the membrane and skim.
Hi malc
thats interesting, never heard of that before but will take a look at it , thanks for the reply !

Have you hacked off the old render and redone using the right render and additive after the chemical dpc insertion? If not that's your problem.
If you have then it's either not the right spec you've done or you've done it wrong.

Give us more detailed info?

Hi Jgreenplastering
have hacked off to a meter high and rendered but damp bridging from the neighbour has now found its way over the meter high finnished work and the original work now reads damp with the meter reading! maybe the original cement mix wasn't dense enough but waterproofer and salt inhibitor was used to spec! but building sand was used instead of sharp sand! would that make a difference ?

What did you render with ? Maybe you didn't take enough render off high enough before

Hi Jgreenplastering
have hacked off to a meter high and rendered but damp bridging from the neighbour has now found its way over the meter high finnished work and the original work now reads damp with the meter reading! maybe the original cement mix wasn't dense enough but waterproofer and salt inhibitor was used to spec! but building sand was used instead of sharp sand! would that make a difference ?

A meter isn't high enough especially if very damp.
Sharp sand is a must for me, very dense, possibly to strong for the substrate but helps sort the damp.
We're the walls bad before?
How long after rendering did you skim and paint?
Should of been a good month or 2 if not more when very damp!

What did you render with ? Maybe you didn't take enough render off high enough before
Hi gps
I'm also thinking a meter high was not enough. Will try a denser mix as you suggest, I think that might sort it.
thanks for the advice !

Have you gone over it with a damp meter ? also is there salt's coming through the wall ?
Its not a case of throwing on a render and hoping for the best.
Is the ground heights different between you and next door ? is the dog pissing on the wall lol

More info please

What mix are you using though ? And are you adding anything in it ?
previously added cementone integral waterproofer but it didn't say anything about salt !

I have now just bought sika integral waterproofer with salt inhibitor , people say its a good brand product !
can I put anything on the wall to stop salt bleeding through before rendering up ?

Have you gone over it with a damp meter ? also is there salt's coming through the wall ?
Its not a case of throwing on a render and hoping for the best.
Is the ground heights different between you and next door ? is the dog pissing on the wall lol

More info please
there isn't any salt deposits on the surface so I'm guessing no . You have a point about the dog though !!!

Building sand is a definite no no . DPC injection will have no effect on penetrating or any other type of damp . Get someone that knows what they're doing to do the job

I reckon you might get away with spending your spare time sitting there with a hair dryer on it full blast. It might work ? lol

Sorry it was a job I looked at, the woman actually did that to try and cure the damp lol You meet them I tell yaaa !!!!!!