Hi

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello and welcome, when you say EXquality control were you responsible for all the shite multi we had to put up with earlier in the year ???

Wahey welcome aboard!!

Good to have some industries involved maybe we can improve and develope!

Danny

Full time plasterer now. Was boardplant Quality manager for 10 years before getting a bit disheartened and going self employed. Will happily answer any board related questions but never worked on the plasters side.

Spunky your a bit bitter!!

(i am with you on that) however ceilings would be a b*****d to do ....lol

Danny

Oh boy!

Spunky you have your own room... where the walls are padded and they are sound proof!!

Sorry I think he is on day release!

Danny

Ex BG Quality Manager said:
Full time plasterer now. Was boardplant Quality manager for 10 years before getting a bit disheartened and going self employed. Will happily answer any board related questions but never worked on the plasters side.

OK then, what's the definitive reason why we shouldn't skim the brown side of a board?

Different type of paper (cheap, poor and lower grammage brown). Bottom paper will be about 170gsm whereas top paper is about 190gsm and top paper has various additives included to aid such as bond. (although the industry is always pushing to lower costs by reducing grammage of both faces even further!!)

Thanks mate, got a ceiling to do tomorrow which the customer has boarded themselves and half the boards are the wrong way round. Not the first time I've come across this, and never had any problems before just skimming directly onto them.

how many plasterboards can you safely balance on your head? 9.5mms 6x3's. not half inch 8x4s. i'm not crazy you know.

Luck more than good judgement in all honesty. I'd like to think now that I know more about BG plasterboards than most of the directors!! (not 1 director in BG has ever made a sheet of 8x4 or a bag of dust!!!)

Hello BG dude years ago it used to be brown side skim and decorate white side and the boards used to come with a strip joining 2 boards together why did they change this? oh and welcome to the forum ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.