Hi, new member with a question about Makegood Bonding…or similar product

Members online

Scraper

I’ll start by saying that I am not a plasterer. But I’m hoping someone might be able to help. I’m doing some scenic decorating work and had been using Makegood Bonding. I understand that this was not a great product for plasterers but for scenic decor, making old looking distressed walls, it was excellent. Does anyone know of a similar product or know where I could find the last remaining bags of Makegood? I need something that is white or off white to enable me to add pigment to get range of greys I need. Thanks, J

I’ll start by saying that I am not a plasterer. But I’m hoping someone might be able to help. I’m doing some scenic decorating work and had been using Makegood Bonding. I understand that this was not a great product for plasterers but for scenic decor, making old looking distressed walls, it was excellent. Does anyone know of a similar product or know where I could find the last remaining bags of Makegood? I need something that is white or off white to enable me to add pigment to get range of greys I need. Thanks, J
Thistle one coat . Or mp75 try them

Could you try drywall adhesive? That’s a light grey
Hi thanks for the tip. I did try that but found it too sticky and gluey though good as a thin first layer. The good thing about Makegood was that it had a grittiness that I could make it look like stone or polish it up a bit to look like old plaster

Its s**t mate, you'd be far better of with Gyproc EasiFILL 60 (y)

Hi thanks for the tip. I did try that but found it too sticky and gluey though good as a thin first layer. The good thing about Makegood was that it had a grittiness that I could make it look like stone or polish it up a bit to look like old plaster
You can sometimes find grey coloured bonding…. Unless the greys too dark

I got some architectural white cement left and some yellow sand. 30 a bag it is but I.ll do a good deal on then3 quarters I got left

As recommended by @Sitemonkey If you want gritty then universal one coat will do.

Last time I was on site was a good day, just got fed up of the grind, domestic was like applying the brakes.
Yes it took a while to get to making good money, it was better physically and you can put more time into family life.

I hope you’re playing your guitar Pauly

I hope you’re playing your guitar Pauly
Yes
20211015_220916.jpg

Yes universal one coat should be a good match.
One of the biggest earners i ever had was using this on walls/ceilings in a pub refurb, slap it on random and just leave!