Hi, im after some advice

DanMeopham

Hi everyone, I'm after some advice, I have a 1930's house that I'm planning to put in new aluminum black windows, at the same time I want to rerender the whole house.

It's currently pebbledashed sand and cement and painted, it is absolute solid on, going no where, we want it a smooth finish with sharp edges to modernise it a bit.

I've had quotes and advice, some to go straight over it with sand and cement, others to insulate and use an acrylic render.

So I guess the first question is does it need to come off? as I'm concerned about the damage it could cause and open a can of worms, then on to the finish, best to stick to sand a cement? Can this give me the smooth finish I'm after?

Really appreciate your time
Cheers

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm after some advice, I have a 1930's house that I'm planning to put in new aluminum black windows, at the same time I want to rerender the whole house.

It's currently pebbledashed sand and cement and painted, it is absolute solid on, going no where, we want it a smooth finish with sharp edges to modernise it a bit.

I've had quotes and advice, some to go straight over it with sand and cement, others to insulate and use an acrylic render.

So I guess the first question is does it need to come off? as I'm concerned about the damage it could cause and open a can of worms, then on to the finish, best to stick to sand a cement? Can this give me the smooth finish I'm after?

Cheers
@essexandy

Cheers
Insulated and silicone finish.

you’re welcome

1613927016255.gif

He only giving it one coat, PVA should be okay, unless he is coming later to give a second coat, then agree, blue girt would be better. Don't want that sh*t coming off.

If its solid as you say rendagrip over top bed mesh in with s/c silver I suggest n top off lovely jubbly

He could go and have a extra hot madras to help with the workability for the finishing coat.
I could've done a spray coat after the lousy curry I had Friday nite - supposed to be a nice thick sauce, - few lumps of chicken in 1/4ltr tomato soup with coconut, bloody horrible.