Hi Fellow Plasterers! New to the site!

Members online

Morgan James

Or8 Lads! Loving the forum, great opportunity to network and spread knowledge! I'm a fully qualified and time served plasterer based in Blackburn with a history of floating, boarding and skimming! I just turned 29 (old c**t) haha and completed my apprenticeship fresh out of school working for a company doing a mix of k-rend and float & set untill i was laid off in 2009, peak recession time! Them c**ts had me onsite on my own soon as i got my drivers licence in year 2 at 18, still paying me £120 a week, they must have been loving it! It was good experiance though so it almost makes up for it. I picked up work from a couple of lads i knew for a few years after that but i was still young and dumb, living with my mum so never really took it serious and was getting mugged off with the money from my m8ts, it is what it is. That dried up after a while and i lost interest (as you would without the proper financial reward for all the hard graft) and was too busy chasing skirt ;).

Anyway i had a 4 year layoff from plastering, sponging form my parents when needed and pissing around at collage doing a HNC. I did well with the HNC completing is it with a distinction but it turns out im not the pen pushing type when it comes to work! Im a grafter, not some limp dick prancing around on site with a clipboard! haha so after all of the pissing around ive been back Plastering for the past 2 years!!I worked at a factory for a few months and built up the money for all my tools and when i was ready my dad’s m8 gave me a decent van on finance which i payed him off 250 a week for like 3 months! Was such a good feeling to have set up on mi own, worked hard and have something to show for it! My first job back was a shop fit out in Skipton, Barkleys bank through an agency. I skimmed my heart out, still had the touch! My body was in so much pain but i embraced the grind and Im back in love with plastering now.

I did a few jobs through the agency and met a subby on a job who i was working through for the past year. It wasn’t ideal as i was traveling to Bradford (from Blackburn) on new builds for ages, spent like £90 a week on fuel and 2hr travel time each day! Im not messing around this time. We also did a Lidl in hull working away which was float and set using the filthy new universal one coat which made my skin itch! Never again. We did some other work here and there but that’s come to an end now and im back with the agency at the moment and just skimmed out a smallish Santander bank in Lytham last week, but today i turned up at a job and there had been a mix up and there was no work for me! Bastards i was up at half 5 and wasted fuel money lol.

Anyways Im "All-in" with plastering now and looking to smash it out and make a success of it whilst im still young and single with no dependants but myself :) it’s now or never! Im hoping to establish myself within a good network and open up opportunities whilst making plasterer friends as i neglected that side of things whilst i was young and naive. If you managed to read all of that then good on you!

Anyway here is a few pics of some recent skimming if you are interested! Be nice ;)

20171007_104553[1].jpg
20171007_104652[1].jpg
20171110_141342[1].jpg
20170915_151333[1].jpg
20171025_190114[1].jpg
20180323_113122[1].jpg

Cool story bro.....but how big's yer mutton dagger?

Is it bigger than Lurpaks 'babies arm'?

I'm sure he'll be along soon to tell you those pics are bullshit and are someone else's work

Welcome by the way :lol:

Or8 Lads! Loving the forum, great opportunity to network and spread knowledge! I'm a fully qualified and time served plasterer based in Blackburn with a history of floating, boarding and skimming! I just turned 29 (old c**t) haha and completed my apprenticeship fresh out of school working for a company doing a mix of k-rend and float & set untill i was laid off in 2009, peak recession time! Them c**ts had me onsite on my own soon as i got my drivers licence in year 2 at 18, still paying me £120 a week, they must have been loving it! It was good experiance though so it almost makes up for it. I picked up work from a couple of lads i knew for a few years after that but i was still young and dumb, living with my mum so never really took it serious and was getting mugged off with the money from my m8ts, it is what it is. That dried up after a while and i lost interest (as you would without the proper financial reward for all the hard graft) and was too busy chasing skirt ;).

Anyway i had a 4 year layoff from plastering, sponging form my parents when needed and pissing around at collage doing a HNC. I did well with the HNC completing is it with a distinction but it turns out im not the pen pushing type when it comes to work! Im a grafter, not some limp dick prancing around on site with a clipboard! haha so after all of the pissing around ive been back Plastering for the past 2 years!!I worked at a factory for a few months and built up the money for all my tools and when i was ready my dad’s m8 gave me a decent van on finance which i payed him off 250 a week for like 3 months! Was such a good feeling to have set up on mi own, worked hard and have something to show for it! My first job back was a shop fit out in Skipton, Barkleys bank through an agency. I skimmed my heart out, still had the touch! My body was in so much pain but i embraced the grind and Im back in love with plastering now.

I did a few jobs through the agency and met a subby on a job who i was working through for the past year. It wasn’t ideal as i was traveling to Bradford (from Blackburn) on new builds for ages, spent like £90 a week on fuel and 2hr travel time each day! Im not messing around this time. We also did a Lidl in hull working away which was float and set using the filthy new universal one coat which made my skin itch! Never again. We did some other work here and there but that’s come to an end now and im back with the agency at the moment and just skimmed out a smallish Santander bank in Lytham last week, but today i turned up at a job and there had been a mix up and there was no work for me! Bastards i was up at half 5 and wasted fuel money lol.

Anyways Im "All-in" with plastering now and looking to smash it out and make a success of it whilst im still young and single with no dependants but myself :) it’s now or never! Im hoping to establish myself within a good network and open up opportunities whilst making plasterer friends as i neglected that side of things whilst i was young and naive. If you managed to read all of that then good on you!

Anyway here is a few pics of some recent skimming if you are interested! Be nice ;)

View attachment 25113View attachment 25114View attachment 25115View attachment 25116View attachment 25117View attachment 25118
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever give in my son