Hi all, first diy plaster job.

Members online

Jinky

Just started to do a 12’x11’ bedroom old plaster removed back to blocks as in bad state not worth patching. Should I clean mixing bucket after each mix or just at end of day,thanks guys.

LiveLeak-dot-com-LiveLeak-dot-com-giphy_1540222162_1542199506.gif

Just started to do a 12’x11’ bedroom old plaster removed back to blocks as in bad state not worth patching. Should I clean mixing bucket after each mix or just at end of day,thanks guys.
Do as @John j does and leave it till the end of the week mate.
A hammer brings it up the business. ;)

Clean your mixing bucket after each mix, but make sure you keep some of the dirty water to mix up with, for each new guage. You can have this 'advice' for free - P.S. I hope you can lay-on double-fast...

Now, about this feeble attempt at trolling TPF because you're bored before christmas - you've failed miserably and you'll need to try much harder!

I tend to buy 30L plastering buckets in bulk from Direct Building Products, usually order about 500-600 at a time which will last me a couple of months. and keep 10-15 in the van at a time, after every set I’ll just get rid of it or use it as a washing up/rubbish/piss and s**t bucket.

Hope this helps

Yes clean them after every set, singing happy birthday and keep them 2 meters apart COVID will get in the mix?

I tend to buy 30L plastering buckets in bulk from Direct Building Products, usually order about 500-600 at a time which will last me a couple of months. and keep 10-15 in the van at a time, after every set I’ll just get rid of it or use it as a washing up/rubbish/piss and s**t bucket.

Hope this helps
You work for DB products, don’t you,can get the cheaper at b and m

Thanks for your response guys,gave me a wee chuckle. Btw it was my first attempt at plastering and has turned out reasonable not perfect tho.