Here's what you can win so far..

Members online

Olican

Private Member
By simply donating at least £10 to https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/plasterers4richardswish

Not only will you be making a difference to a young person family. Our aim is to raise the much needed funds to provide a child, teenager or young adult undergoing treatment for cancer with a wish.

You will also be in with a chance of winning the following..
IMG_20180211_191055.jpg
downloadfile.jpg
Ox_P013001_3.jpg
IMG_20180209_213838.jpg

And much much more, so please donate at least £10 good luck

OK, donated but if I win it needs to be a roll over because I have all the 'pretending I can plaster' equipment a builder needs. :LOL:

The speedskim is the blue blade bit that's far better anyway

OK, donated but if I win it needs to be a roll over because I have all the 'pretending I can plaster' equipment a builder needs. :LOL:
Thank you Larry, much appreciated. I do have something that you might like that I was going to add, p&p scared me off. Hang on I'll go take a pic

If the combined weight of the plasterers of the UK couldn't raise 1k it would be a sad day

If the combined weight of the plasterers of the UK couldn't raise 1k it would be sad day

I liked your idea for skimming a room and the proceeds going to charity. So if that happens I'll stump up for the multi.

I liked your idea for skimming a room and the proceeds going to charity. So if that happens I'll stump up for the multi.
That's good of you, thank you. I'm going to do that after this one. Here's what I had in mind for you. These books feel very old but I can't find a date of print inside. The detail is incredible so many facts and terms I've never heard of. Fascinating read.
IMG_20180211_194816.jpg
IMG_20180211_194816.jpg
IMG_20180211_195225.jpg
IMG_20180211_194947.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180211_194831.jpg
    IMG_20180211_194831.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 262
The first edition was 1949, then a couple of reprints from the 50's. Quite rare for any of the dust covers to survive, and they usually go for £40 - £50 if they're in decent nick.

The first edition was 1949, then a couple of reprints from the 50's. Quite rare for any of the dust covers to survive, and they usually go for £40 - £50 if they're in decent nick.
Is there anything you don't know lol they're nice books alright.

Is there anything you don't know lol they're nice books alright.

There's an exponential amount more that I don't know, than I do. In this instance though you hit upon a hobby of mine, collecting antiquarian and first editions. :LOL:

IMG_5726.PNG
Seriously you like lot are doing yourselves proud, very generous donations coming in. This is the sort of thing Richards Wish do and every penny we raise gets used

Reactions: tcd
I’m gonna offer my original speedskim sf 1.2m trial blade to your prizes olican , it is used but in perfect condition,with blade guard protection it’s one from speedskim not the new ox speedskim ones,

You can decide who gets it as a prize and I’ll post it.

I’m gonna offer my original speedskim sf 1.2m trial blade to your prizes olican , it is used but in perfect condition,with blade guard protection it’s one from speedskim not the new ox speedskim ones,

You can decide who gets it as a prize and I’ll post it.
Top man, thank you very much Pete

Do you have this set already then?

Not that set, but I have some similar. When you see some of the stuff that was expected/done with hand tools it's no wonder a brickie's apprenticeship in the Georgian/Victorian eras were seven years long.

Anyway, I'll be at the unit later this week and see what I can dig up. As I said before though, it's unlikely to be plastering related. :)