Here comes the change

Members online

algeeman

It’s A Boy
You were right @Vincey and @zombie .....
Built in a warehouse put together onsite.
Screenshot_20190514-202957.png

There was one on grand designs the other week.
It was made off site in 9 weeks, assembled on site and connected to services in 3 days, you couldn’t tell on the inside nor the outside it was a modular build.

It was made off site in 9 weeks, assembled on site and connected to services in 3 days, you couldn’t tell on the inside nor the outside it was a modular build.

Was there a huge cost difference owls ??

Worked on them 20 years ago and even then they were better built than new builds.

Better insulated, No materials waste and more time efficient!

Did you tape them onsite or in warehouse zombie

All complete in a warehouse.

Electrics 1 & 2nd fix
Plumbing 1st & 2nd fix
Borderd, taped & decorated.
Kitchens and bathrooms fitted tiled etc.

Upstairs gets bolted onto downstairs once on site!

Was there a huge cost difference owls ??
A heap of money cheaper, I forget the exact amount but it was a lot, plus it’s a fixed contract so no over spends. I’m not sure how you’d go on as regards a mortgage as it may be classed as a temporary structure, timber frames we’re up to as recent as 4 years ago.

Worked on them 20 years ago and even then they were better built than new builds.

Better insulated, No materials waste and more time efficient!
Adapt or die I say,
I remember my old gaffer saying 20 years ago that monocouche was a fad, 20 years later it pretty much all we do and over 10,000 metres plus a year.

A heap of money cheaper, I forget the exact amount but it was a lot, plus it’s a fixed contract so no over spends. I’m not sure how you’d go on as regards a mortgage as it may be classed as a temporary structure, timber frames we’re up to as recent as 4 years ago.

Internal gets dropped onto foundations then traditional brick skins and roofs on some.

Adapt or die I say,
I remember my old gaffer saying 20 years ago that monocouche was a fad, 20 years later it pretty much all we do and over 10,000 metres plus a year.

Agree, sadly though this will kill the trade even further!

All complete in a warehouse.

Electrics 1 & 2nd fix
Plumbing 1st & 2nd fix
Borderd, taped & decorated.
Kitchens and bathrooms fitted tiled etc.

Upstairs gets bolted onto downstairs once on site!

Good bye scaffolders
Goodbye site labourers

These jobs will be done on a warehouse wage aswell.

Village I grew up in had a street of prefab bungalows . Only had certain lifespan . But they have just bricked round em . Bet there older then me

Yep it's only Rosie for the shareholder!

s**t for the trades as usual!

De skill trades even further!

Should I be shocked at the Japanese getting the contract.

They must be strong to withstand the earthquakes they put up with !!