Helping on DIY SOS big build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashleyscoob

Going to help out on DIY SOS big build on the 19th of this month me and the the 2 lads that work for me are going to give them 4 days plastering , its a children's nursery so its worth giving the time to help and might even get on the tv

remember to tell the nation we have a G** section...........................:RpS_thumbsup:

View Profile: BBCDIYSOS - The Original Plasterers Forum - The Plastering Forum - A forum For Plastering - Rendering Forum

So they're members too eh?

Yoo-hoo @BBCDIYSOS
573cb10c40812ca17992835f657459d5

@BritishGypsum could donate the materials or @knauf , could be some good pr for the forum.

Wish I was closer would have gone along too.

Maybe a case study for plasterers news, might earn yourself a mug.

Haha strange this has come up, was having a beer in Birkdale/southport, and the spark from DIY SOS was there with a minder of all things lol! People were getting pics with him and everything :RpS_lol:

May have caught a sly one lol

EBF25673-5344-4AD1-BBDD-5D5F800107BD-2652-000001217915E695_zpse915bf8e.jpg

PHP:
you will be amazed at who is watching this place :)

I know Dan,
the taxman, the police, the government, the Queen, MI5, the mafia, the G** community, Dom littlewood, Matt allright, our customers, think that's about it :RpS_unsure:

Last edited:
Well turned up on DIY SOS thinking just boarding and loads of skimming but it's all taped and filled using fermacell boards never used them before take a bit of getting use'st to but it's going well ,oh and the amount of food and is unreal 3 meals a day

I wish I was about too. 3 meals a day is practically a diet for me

Im on a 3year diet plan, want to lose 3stone in time for my 50th. Half a sugar in me tea and coffee to start and no beers at home during the week.8 on snooker night though.
Best of luck with DIY SOS job lads.

nice one, i'm surprised Danny didn't supply you with mugs , they've always got a mug in there hands, can you get some pics for the forum ?

I volunteered to tack a large ceiling area last week to local social hall which had been damaged by fire, the roof had been replaced . The lad looking after it phoned me about ten one morning and said he had 4 lads there to tack the ceiling but they reckon they needed a load of the timber to nog it out because boards were not fitting and would I go and show them how to do it , I go up there and throw up a couple boards and explain to them , to stagger boards, that you sometimes have cut boards and squarethem up , fine I thought, so they build a platform ,( I had used a couple of crates and plank as per norm ).I knew I was on a wrongen when I ask one lad wot he was doing marking the boards with a pencil,He said that the screws had to be 6 inch between and he had been taught this by a Professional plasterer, and that's the way they were going to do it. I said to him I bet the lad who taught was a skinny "$&%££"* and he said how did I know , SO I said if that's the way he tacks ceilings on price he must be nearly starving to death . so I went to see the hedchef and told him theres only about 60 slabs in it and I do it by my self in a couple of days for free , so he said no he needed it done that day , so I told he be lucky to get it done at all with he gobshite he had doing it and left . Got a call this morning would I go up tomorrow to finish it off , theres about 40 slabs left to be done . Hadto tell him sorry mate but packing my gear to go back Uk ,

I volunteered to tack a large ceiling area last week to local social hall which had been damaged by fire, the roof had been replaced . The lad looking after it phoned me about ten one morning and said he had 4 lads there to tack the ceiling but they reckon they needed a load of the timber to nog it out because boards were not fitting and would I go and show them how to do it , I go up there and throw up a couple boards and explain to them , to stagger boards, that you sometimes have cut boards and squarethem up , fine I thought, so they build a platform ,( I had used a couple of crates and plank as per norm ).I knew I was on a wrongen when I ask one lad wot he was doing marking the boards with a pencil,He said that the screws had to be 6 inch between and he had been taught this by a Professional plasterer, and that's the way they were going to do it. I said to him I bet the lad who taught was a skinny "$&%££"* and he said how did I know , SO I said if that's the way he tacks ceilings on price he must be nearly starving to death . so I went to see the hedchef and told him theres only about 60 slabs in it and I do it by my self in a couple of days for free , so he said no he needed it done that day , so I told he be lucky to get it done at all with he gobshite he had doing it and left . Got a call this morning would I go up tomorrow to finish it off , theres about 40 slabs left to be done . Hadto tell him sorry mate but packing my gear to go back Uk ,
It was a cossyshambles there. Hate tits on jobs like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.