Help

Members online

liamw

Hi all, need some advice from the experts.im a spark so this might get some mixed responses :D I've just bought a Victorian flat which has lath and plaster walls and ceilings. There's a few patches in the ceiling which has started to sag. Im going to overboard the ceiling. The problem is with the walls. There's a small section of about 2sqm which is a little bit 'springy', i.e theres a bit of movement. ive removed the old plaster to this section, and was thinking of getting some expanding foam at the back of the laths between the brick work to try and cushion it out. Do you think that will be ok ? I'll then spread it with bonding thistle before the spreads comes in to plaster the entire room.

Blown from lathes or sometimes joists too far apart causing springy lathes. If it’s just a few areas remove n bond . Expanding foam won’t help if lathes springin. If its all loose just knock it off n board it

f**k @lurpak help me out here words are haaaaard!!!
8E64844C-89EE-4609-AF83-45DEDF30558E.gif

Hi all, need some advice from the experts.im a spark so this might get some mixed responses :D I've just bought a Victorian flat which has lath and plaster walls and ceilings. There's a few patches in the ceiling which has started to sag. Im going to overboard the ceiling. The problem is with the walls. There's a small section of about 2sqm which is a little bit 'springy', i.e theres a bit of movement. ive removed the old plaster to this section, and was thinking of getting some expanding foam at the back of the laths between the brick work to try and cushion it out. Do you think that will be ok ? I'll then spread it with bonding thistle before the spreads comes in to plaster the entire room.
let the spread sort it .and put your foam in the bin I hate the shite