Help

Bigmick041

Hi can anyone help not long studded out a single skin garage and plaster boarded it using 25mm polerstyrene for insulation all round ceilings and walls plasterer comes in plasters did a good job but now the whole ceiling has come down any ideas on the cause

Hi can anyone help not long studded out a single skin garage and plaster boarded it using 25mm polerstyrene for insulation all round ceilings and walls plasterer comes in plasters did a good job but now the whole ceiling has come down any ideas on the cause
Your whole ceiling has fallen down not long after it being put up and plastered? You're either taking the piss or you're a complete plonkers and used 25mm screws to screw up the board? Also 25mm polystyrene board will do hardly anything in terms of insulating a garage.

If this is real...do you mean that the boards came down, or the plaster blew off?

Sorry it’s not a wind up the boards came down was just wondering why as I’m a joiner and the only thing I can put it down to is air flow as the boards where quite damp

Is this a good time to renew my post about joint butts mid joist

Haven’t got any photos as I’ve been and taken down what was left as not to cause any harm to anyone was just asking to see how it was avoidable if I was to do something similar agian

I’ve screwed ceiling up before never had a problem before plus the odd screw maybe but not all on a3mx6m ceiling
At what level did you set the screw heads, only 9.5 mm boards , plenty of people drive head's too far , still sounds strange to happen so soon with no joist vibration

Were the screws still all attached to the joists ?

It will settle

If you used damp boards they’re already weak. Then there’s either not enough wood or screws. The weight of the skim therefore pulled a weak ceiling down. Can’t think of any other reason. Unreal.

If you used damp boards they’re already weak. Then there’s either not enough wood or screws. The weight of the skim therefore pulled a weak ceiling down. Can’t think of any other reason. Unreal.
And how many screws per board