help young lad h!

harryj490

lately have noticed when plasterer has fully dried bit of different colour in places patches looking. I'm new to plastering have been on the trowel for the last year or two. but some jobs it's not a problem and others well I don't like the look of it! Slight tiger stripes and fatty marks.. maybe you guys can help me!! Doing few of my own bits for local builders never happenes on plaster board or hardwall it's more on reskims, am I using to much water?.. not taking off all fat? Please give me ur thoughts as if I don't know I won't learn!! Cheers all

Attachments

• IMG_1093.JPG
    IMG_1093.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 356
  • IMG_1133.JPG
    IMG_1133.JPG
    997.1 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_2193.JPG
    IMG_2193.JPG
    983.9 KB · Views: 346
Does'nt look too bad to me.Hard when your looking at it on a phone screen,but I'd say fu.ck all wrong with it.

Genuinely don't worry!

Rarely looks anything but shite these days once dried!

So long as it paints well jobs a guden!
Alright thanks all! Come across this today when doing my favourite job stripping back paper had to be the time when mr Patel the customer was standing next to me chatting away saying how his builders that hung the wallpaper 20 years ago were brillant !! He face changed when he saw this! Haha

Attachments

• IMG_2150.JPG
    IMG_2150.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 360
the best tip i can give you Harry from those photos is sheet up the floor boards don't leave a mess like that on the floors.

We quite often throw a couple of handfuls of bonding in first coat on a re skim and the top coat goes on lovely. Helps prevent shitty hairline cracks and the finish seems to resemble more like a plasterboard finish. But agree with everyone else, don't think you have much to worry about

We quite often throw a couple of handfuls of bonding in first coat on a re skim and the top coat goes on lovely. Helps prevent shitty hairline cracks and the finish seems to resemble more like a plasterboard finish. But agree with everyone else, don't think you have much to worry about
Does is still pull in same sort of time with bonding in with the mix ? Never use bonding and multi.. thanks jess .

Does is still pull in same sort of time with bonding in with the mix ? Never use bonding and multi.. thanks jess .
Takes longer I did it for first time other day. Hung forever to long in fact lol . Seemed to make it more playable

Yeah it does take a little longer to go off put then you can throw on the whole room at a leisurely pace and go home and the walls are genuinely better for it especially when you're re skimming old walls

I have given up on it drying how it did 10 year ago now I still do as I always have as long painted looks alright that's all that matters I had a stage of scratching my head at how it was drying out but now I don't worry

I have given up on it drying how it did 10 year ago now I still do as I always have as long painted looks alright that's all that matters I had a stage of scratching my head at how it was drying out but now I don't worry
Why is this .so glad every one else has same problem lol

Why is this .so glad every one else has same problem lol
Not sure but I've done walls and once dry I felt like I could cry back in day dried lovely now u can see every way I've been ect I was in a flap for a while til I realised I wasn't only one getting it

I agree we jess.i like to put abit of bonding in!i throw it all on have a drink then next coat on steady away!!happy days

Lot of it is due to inconsistency in the product , especially the boards. I switched from BG to Knauf halfway through a job and there was a big difference

Bg boards don't cut properly at the min even with a new blade and 2 scores for me it still isn't a clean cut knauf boards defo cut better

Pagey I have been thinking me this was my the last 3 weeks !! Cutting them been putting new blades in like no tomorrow!!!

Had some knauf board other day . Ends seemed to be triangle leaving a fair gap. Don't know if they had done this intentionally so the plaster Sat in to scrim on joints better .I know one plasterer that leaves a few mm for this reason

Iv ended up using the little surform on the cut edge just to tidy them up, I try to keep my gaps minimal

Iv ended up using the little surform on the cut edge just to tidy them up, I try to keep my gaps minimal

Anyone else notice quite a few suppliers only stocking tapered edge 9.5mm boards as of late?