help with this please

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ali

i hope the pics come out ok or i this is a waste of time, so here goes, i have got to match the product and the texture on a small extension to whats in the pics (hopefully you can see them), the customer says its a thin coat system that came in plastic tubs with a 15 yr guarantee but he cant remember the name, its covering his house and he wants me to match it on his new extension built of block, i know its a big ask and i dont want to give someone ammunition to say '' if you dont know you should pass the job onto someone who does know what it is'' , i'm subbing to a builder who i do all his internal work and normal rendering and being selfish and greedy cant afford to let someone else get there claws into him so any help in identifying this will result in a big sloppy kiss from me. thanks in advance and i will awate the flak.:RpS_unsure:

Attachments

• IMAG0245.jpg
    IMAG0245.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 261
  • IMAG0250.jpg
    IMAG0250.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 279
yay the pics came out .......i might now sweet FA about plastering and rendering but at least i can post pics now

I said hi build then rollered. But he said no. I'd say he is wrong . What about the render and mesh. I think he getting mixed up between texture and undercoat

I said hi build then rollered. But he said no. I'd say he is wrong . What about the render and mesh. I think he getting mixed up between texture and undercoat

Yep high build and how the backing was done dont make any odds as long as the finish is the same.

Cheers. Builder wants me to render then texture , its on new blockwork if hi build is going on. What's the most stable undercoat as can't afford to risk cracks. Builder gets loads of work from him. Thin coat with mesh or just s+c with mesh.

it looks like either rend aid or lac underneath what thickness you got to play with ali

Is it work bedding the mesh in, never used it before so I don't know if it be of any use. I've only used e.m.l. cheers.

yeah it helps do a first pass and bed as you go then second pass rule and then rub up when ready

think you get the finish with a roller used it once in shop corridore made in france stucco on the tub but long time ago sticky to use we wore paper suits cant get of your cloths

Status
Not open for further replies.