Help with silicone render selection

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdn115

Hi.
Can anyone recommend a good silicone render system(inc base coat, primers etc) for hand application.
The system that i'd like you to recommend has to go over some of the area in extruded polystyrene for insulation.
Cheers.

They are all good. For ewi I prefer SPS Envirowall and Jub. Nice powder product on both but Jub bucket coat is the better of the two

We normally use weatherby or sto, sto being a lot better but more pricey sure. Not sure on the other products.

Hi.
Can anyone recommend a good silicone render system(inc base coat, primers etc) for hand application.
The system that i'd like you to recommend has to go over some of the area in extruded polystyrene for insulation.
Cheers.

Choose a product by a manufacturer not a rebagger.
Choose a product with a history of development in the industry with a dedicated base adhesive originally designed specifically for thin coat applications not a brand with a general mortar that has been modified to lend itself to thin coat systems.
Sto
Dryvit
Parex
Marmorit
Ivas etc
clearly a step above in the quality of product where thin coat finishing is concerned

Happy shopping

whats not to like about weatherbys silocone top coat , yeah i know they get it from Germany and their adesive is krend hp12 but it works well together,not used parex or sto , dryvit but ive used a few others including Settef , if you can use that you can use any top coat imo ,Alumasc , structherm,permarock,ecorock,good top coat but i didnt like the base coats ,come to think of it Relius is the best base coat and top coat to use but i cant get it anywhere

whats not to like about weatherbys silocone top coat , yeah i know they get it from Germany and their adesive is krend hp12 but it works well together,not used parex or sto , dryvit but ive used a few others including Settef , if you can use that you can use any top coat imo ,Alumasc , structherm,permarock,ecorock,good top coat but i didnt like the base coats ,come to think of it Relius is the best base coat and top coat to use but i cant get it anywhere

I used to buy relius of my mate but they stopped exporting. They will not warrant the product for as long as what the new industry standards require. They didn't want to know about some issues either. So so easy to use, as is Wetherby texture. Shame the latter has delamination issues all over the place.

On the relius base. Kam was loverly to use but very weak. You could puncture it by looking at it. And easy pull boards off the wall unless you had 1million pins in them.....

I don't touch any "mortar like" products anymore only very high strength adhesives for insulation systems.

Weber lac is good base to use.
Sm700 and Alumasc good systems. Again Alumasc is mostly Sto.

I used to buy relius of my mate but they stopped exporting. They will not warrant the product for as long as what the new industry standards require. They didn't want to know about some issues either. So so easy to use, as is Wetherby texture. Shame the latter has delamination issues all over the place.

On the relius base. Kam was loverly to use but very weak. You could puncture it by looking at it. And easy pull boards off the wall unless you had 1million pins in them.....

I don't touch any "mortar like" products anymore only very high strength adhesives for insulation systems.

Weber lac is good base to use.
Sm700 and Alumasc good systems. Again Alumasc is mostly Sto.
Very informative JFE ,last time i used Alumasc their adhesive for dabbing boards was different from their basecoat

dryvit used it in florida the only system that backraps

Not the only one. Parex and many other backwrap over in the states and canada

Over here mainly in Europe they never bothered with backwrap but dryvit employed the same install for the UK as the US as they said when I asked the question.

Non back wrapped systems rely heavily in an apu seal bead or a compression seal tape between the junctions. The fact that in the UK many of the non back wrapped systems have also dropped (or rather ignored) the apu or compri seals spells bad news. There will be problems with some of those systems.

Simple factor is that no one pays for that so corners are cut.

I am on a job right now where the client has expressed that regardless, belt and brace must be executed. And thankfully has adopted all of our suggestions onto the install. It tak s us 4 days to do all the apu seals and close them down with mud.
Imagine that on a GD job

oh ok dinnt know thats very interesting, i worked for them in the cayman islands there main office was in west palm beach fl:RpS_thumbup:

i also used senergy for a bit of time come to think of it they did backwrap , i found the americans made a better job than we do here with ewi

The system stops just shy (about 15mm) of a junction say a window. It is rendered around the rear side of the board and onto the substrate including mesh. This way the system is sealed off and Also has no contact with the adjacent frame.

If the primary seal fails ie. the silicone. The Ewi system is still independently sealed off at the junction as the different movements between window and masonry and insulation Dont effect each other

The system stops just shy (about 15mm) of a junction say a window. It is rendered around the rear side of the board and onto the substrate including mesh. This way the system is sealed off and Also has no contact with the adjacent frame.

If the primary seal fails ie. the silicone. The Ewi system is still independently sealed off at the junction as the different movements between window and masonry and insulation Dont effect each other

Jesus Plasterjfe!!!....yor like a bloody rendering encyclepedia!!!

I lurck quite a lot in the rendering section but if im honest I don't have a lot of experience or knowledge to have any input on the threads but im always gobsmacked at how much spec and product info you have bud!!!

Like a bloody BG white book!!!

Quality Buddy!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

Jesus Plasterjfe!!!....yor like a bloody rendering encyclepedia!!!

I lurck quite a lot in the rendering section but if im honest I don't have a lot of experience or knowledge to have any input on the threads but im always gobsmacked at how much spec and product info you have bud!!!

Like a bloody BG white book!!!

Quality Buddy!!!:RpS_thumbsup:

I'm a sad *******....

Also I installed 1000's of metres of dryvit and back wrapped it all.

They have a more install friendly system now aimed at GD and eco etc for low rise residential. It is too based on the European methods of compri seal ( no backwrap yay)

ive back wrapped a sto system many moons ago as per spec when working for someone else, but that was it.

Hi.
Cheers.
Thanks for all the response.
I was thinking of getting weber ocr and sil.p.
Is that not suitable then.
I've not heard of a lot of these companies and wouldn't know where to get them.
I know parex is supplied by encon which is not to far.
I have a minsters and sig quite close too.

Thanks for all the response.
I was thinking of getting weber ocr and sil.p.
Is that not suitable then.
I've not heard of a lot of these companies and wouldn't know where to get them.
I know parex is supplied by encon which is not to far.
I have a minsters and sig quite close too.

Nothing wrong with weber sil. Minster should have it.
Don't do it in the colder months tho it can take days to cure when its not warm.
Were using it this week

Status
Not open for further replies.