Help with my first quote!

seangrobler2

Hi guys
I’ve been shadowing a plasterer here and there for a couple years now alongside my other trade. I’m starting to dish out work I’m proud of and ready to start taking on a few plastering jobs here and there

The problem is… I have never had to price a job. I’ve only ever worked on a trusty old day rate but am eager to price..

I have a job involving a hallway/staircase and was wondering if you could help me price it for a 2 coat skim in Kent.

I’ve added pictures , green ‘x’ are the walls in question

Sean

Attachments

• 019DD17E-53A2-4B30-82E6-1424E895DA7C.jpeg
    019DD17E-53A2-4B30-82E6-1424E895DA7C.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 202
  • 686BA4D4-BCDC-47F4-AB44-0C27FFE97622.jpeg
    686BA4D4-BCDC-47F4-AB44-0C27FFE97622.jpeg
    927.5 KB · Views: 206
Hi guys
I’ve been shadowing a plasterer here and there for a couple years now alongside my other trade. I’m starting to dish out work I’m proud of and ready to start taking on a few plastering jobs here and there

The problem is… I have never had to price a job. I’ve only ever worked on a trusty old day rate but am eager to price..

I have a job involving a hallway/staircase and was wondering if you could help me price it for a 2 coat skim in Kent.

I’ve added pictures , green ‘x’ are the walls in question

Sean
Good luck
Hsl are a nightmare
Just price it high!

First things first tally up the area your skimming work out how much gear you need then add a percentage on top of that just incase split bag etc then add another percentage on top of that for profit,quotes vary from plasterer to plasterer all depends on a number of things ie outgoings being the main one,Hsl are bitches to do at most times just a minimum starting price for me is £800 quid for labor only on a small hsl which isn’t often, majority of the time it’s double that so price high

simply
Materials =x amount
Labour= x amount
Profit. = x amount run it as a total no breakdown .....
Use a app like invoice simple to create a quote ...
Email customer

I love em if you don't need a scaffold. Customer thinks cause its upstairs its big job. Yet most of times there's only one big wall.
I.d mesh them walls though by looks of em
I don't know why people use mesh on existing shite walls it's pointless. Hack em off and float or dab em . If they don't Want that I don't even do em covering over blown crap

I don't know why people use mesh on existing shite walls it's pointless. Hack em off and float or dab em . If they don't Want that I don't even do em covering over blown crap
I wouldn't mesh if it was blown . Just old walls that are solid but loads of cracks

What if the people don’t have the money for full hack off and float and set or dab? If the walls are solid and nothings blown I don’t see the problem?

What if the people don’t have the money for full hack off and float and set or dab? If the walls are solid and nothings blown I don’t see the problem?
Neither do I but that f**k*r looks like lime sand mortor which is about as strong as freshly laid turd . Way past its day

Now we're allowed to discus pricing, how much for ewi n royal blue mono on this domestic gaff ?

View attachment 71047
Pay Day Money GIF

I bet you're booked-in to price it next Sunday, aren't you?

Bloody peasant!

Besides, you're only allow to do Royal blue mono if you have Royal blue blood running through yer veins! :sisi:

A monkey should know his place! - in case you're wondering, that means the highest you can aspire to is butler or court jester!