Help with me shopping list

Scamp Gruffalo

As I start my plastering journey with Fred the spread, I want to buy the right tools that will help with my learning. I haven't the money to waste on expensive gimmicks so honest opinions from people in the trade would be greatly appreciated. I know many will say all you need is a decent trowel to get started, which is a fair comment. I don't mind investing in new tools if you think they will help rather than hinder.

This list is what I'm thinking of buying.

1. Marshalltown 14x5-inch Gold Stainless Steel Trowel

2. Refina Plaziflex Trowel 1.0mm Flexiback 16

3. OX Speedskim Semi Flexible Plastering Rule - ST 600mm

4. Ragni Stainless Steel Internal & External Trowels

5. Bucket Trowel

6. A crate of EazyMIx Extratime

Cheers

My local car-boot has this for a quid - poor cnuts had it for weeks and no takers, to be fair it looks decent.
11D82A72-98C1-4205-B884-1A963D580170.png

As I start my plastering journey with Fred the spread, I want to buy the right tools that will help with my learning. I haven't the money to waste on expensive gimmicks so honest opinions from people in the trade would be greatly appreciated. I know many will say all you need is a decent trowel to get started, which is a fair comment. I don't mind investing in new tools if you think they will help rather than hinder.

5. Bucket Trowel

Cheers
Change 6 for a crate of Stella and you're nearly there.

5. Bucket Trowel

Cheers
Pair of tin snips.

1 A sanding stick.
2 Lath hammer.
3 Bolster.
4 Shovel.
5 Dewalt cordless paddle.
6 Board and stand.
7 Adjustable work bench.
8 Feather edge.
9 Level.
10 Bucket trowel.
11 margin trowels.
12 Stanley knife.
13 Putzmiester pump.

5. Bucket Trowel

Cheers
Forget the external corner trowel, you'll never need it mate, use that money to get a long nose gauging trowel.
Tyzack do a good one on Amazon. (y)

Last edited: