Help with dark spots on newly plastered wall

Members online

Stupar

I wonder if someone can shed light on what this may potentially be.

So rewind two weeks ago, our kitchen walls got skimmed ahead of a new kitchen being fitted.

All of the walls dried out perfectly since but on the NE facing wall these dark spots just won't disappear.
The plasterers PVA'd the walls before skimming.

Is it possible that this is contaminants in the wall trying to soak through the plaster or could it be something else?

At night the marks go lighter and shrink a little then during the day they get darker/bigger again.

Our house is cavity wall (no insulation).

I drew a pencil line around each spot to watch for expansion which they do a little bit but as I say, at night they shrink down again.

The plasterer is coming back to inspect and advise but in the meantime curiosity is killing me.

I'm wondering if it is a humidity thing, contaminants or a breach in the cavity that I can't see.

Thanks in advance for your time.

20220405_172038-01.jpeg

So rewind two weeks ago, our kitchen walls got skimmed ahead of a new kitchen being fitted.

All of the walls dried out perfectly since but on the NE facing wall these dark spots just won't disappear.

Is it possible that this is contaminants in the wall trying to soak through the plaster or could it be something else?

At night the marks go lighter and shrink a little then during the day they get darker/bigger again.

I drew a pencil line around each spot to watch for expansion which they do a little bit but as I say, at night they shrink down again.

The plasterer is coming back to inspect and advise but in the meantime curiosity is killing me.

I'm wondering if it is a humidity thing, contaminants or a breach in the cavity that I can't see.

View attachment 69046
Kitchens notorious for fat from ovens chip pan etc seeping back through need to use 2 coats of dulux stain block on the areas. f**k all to do with the plasterer.

Kitchens notorious for fat from ovens chip pan etc seeping back through need to use 2 coats of dulux stain block on the areas. f**k all to do with the plasterer.
Thanks for the input.
Wasn't trying to suggest it was the plasterers fault, I just wanted to get a better idea of what it might be before the plasterer returns to inspect themselves so the kitchen can get signed off by IKEA.
Thanks again!

View attachment 69046
C74F130C-F5AE-435D-AF21-92CB4E74CDF3.png
Paint this on the grease marks and you won’t have a problem.