Help with cleaning concrete hallways?

Members online

ncowan

Hello,

Any help would be appreciated. I've been working on some concrete hallways located in a storage rental business.
Not polished concrete, looks like a garage floor.

I cleaned it once using my 175 with a black pad with sprayed down degreaser, followed by a tile spinner off truckmount at 1200 psi. Truckmount heat from HX & at 1200 psi can't keep up, so the water is just warm.

Floors look a lot better & mgr. is actually happy with them, however, they now want me to put down a polish & before I do that I need to get the remaining scuff marks off the floor. Most came off during cleaning but some just faded. Most scuffs are from hand trucks & carts people use to carry their belongings to the storage area.

Can't do much about the heat or the spinner but I read somewhere that a larger 175
(mine is 13 inch Oreck) with a sanding screen and then a black pad should remove the remaining scuffs.
Would I be better off with a large, heavy 175 or adding a better heat source for the spinner. Been looking at the North Star kerosine water heater.

Any ideas on this would be great.

Thanks!!!

Retired Spread

eddie murphy wtf!.gif

ncowan

Hello,

Any help would be appreciated. I've been working on some concrete hallways located in a storage rental business.

I cleaned it once using my 175 with a black pad with sprayed down degreaser, followed by a tile spinner off truckmount at 1200 psi. Truckmount heat from HX & at 1200 psi can't keep up, so the water is just warm.

Floors look a lot better & mgr. is actually happy with them, however, they now want me to put down a polish & before I do that I need to get the remaining scuff marks off the floor. Most came off during cleaning but some just faded. Most scuffs are from hand trucks & carts people use to carry their belongings to the storage area.

Can't do much about the heat or the spinner but I read somewhere that a larger 175
(mine is 13 inch Oreck) with a sanding screen and then a black pad should remove the remaining scuffs.
Would I be better off with a large, heavy 175 or adding a better heat source for the spinner. Been looking at the North Star kerosine water heater.

Thanks!!!
didn't get any such good response

Cockney1

Hello,

Thanks!!!
1654325447935.jpeg