Help with a letter

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan90

Hi all, im writing to some spreads in the local area to try and get some expirience, even if i could jus watch a plasterer doing his thing ill be happy ! im at college at the moment but half the time were doing paperwork ! id rather be grafting and getting the mix right, but as you all know they like to pass you through college pretty fast and tell you that your a plasterer when you leave, i wanna learn the oldschool way and dont wanna get slated in later life for being a new school college boy.

anyway i want to know if you guys were to get a letter of someone, what would you want to see in that letter ?
I suppose the obv ones are cscs card, tools , transport , ky jelly ?

What a great attitude to take :)

I will have a think for you and draw something up later on... The sun ishsining so I am just about to head out and clock some miles up on the bike :)

Danny

Hi nathan stick with your collage course as you will need your nvk later but they should sort you a day release out and then you will be able to polishyour skills then but make sure when you do go out on placement you tell the person you get put with that you dont mind doing labouring duties but you are there to learn the skill good luck.

Just be honest, plasterers are almost normal people ,you wont impress them with flannel, you can only impress on the site, write saying who you are and what you want to do, offer to do a saturday for free to introduce yourself , do not expect a job but be happy if you do, do not expect to be paye but say you are happy been self employed and have a UTR no. Everyone started somewhere.. Best of luck

Like the way your thinking ,sure the guys on here will help out what to add into your letter, the only advice i would give ,is to ask for 10 minutes of the persons time ,before going in gun oh with working for free ,that way you can judge them and they can see what they think of you .Best of luck with it ,but keep posting ,someone on here may have something for you :RpS_thumbup:

All good advice.

Get busy on here mate 12,000 members on here so you never know there may be someone in the next street from you.

Try a few phonecalls also, be sure what you can offer,what you want and how your going to say it.

Eg. Hi, i'm nathan and i was wondering if you could spare me a miute of your time please? At the moment i'm doing xxxxxxxxx and in the long term i want to do xxxxxxxxxx, i'm enquiring as to whether you could help me f.o.charge on a saturday to learn more. I never took anyone on for experience for nowt, the kids that came from the colleges used to come for 2weeks and get £35 a week i think with £50 cash off me, so really can't see you working for nowt. Good luck..

Hi all, im writing to some spreads in the local area to try and get some expirience, even if i could jus watch a plasterer doing his thing ill be happy ! im at college at the moment but half the time were doing paperwork ! id rather be grafting and getting the mix right, but as you all know they like to pass you through college pretty fast and tell you that your a plasterer when you leave, i wanna learn the oldschool way and dont wanna get slated in later life for being a new school college boy.

anyway i want to know if you guys were to get a letter of someone, what would you want to see in that letter ?

Keep it short.................you wouldn't do too badly just writing something similar to that first paragraph to be honest, good luck kid :RpS_thumbup:

ky jelly ,something to tell us nathan, all the best lad, but always remember its bait time, not lunch, and its called a handboard

Status
Not open for further replies.