Help with 8x4 15mm ceilings.??

Bernardt

Just a quickie.bit of advice please.got to tack a house on my Todd with 8x4,15mm.there.s a few long ceilings so have full boards in middle of the ceilings but don’t fancy cutting into little bits and a dead man is too awkward,is there something you can clip on the first board and ready for a full board to slot in.? Cheers

Just a quickie.bit of advice please.got to tack a house on my Todd with 8x4,15mm.there.s a few long ceilings so have full boards in middle of the ceilings but don’t fancy cutting into little bits and a dead man is too awkward,is there something you can clip on the first board and ready for a full board to slot in.? Cheers

Board lifter. Have seen some gizmo like you describe, but never used them.

Right,give us a clue.??

Are you talking about the suppliers in Alcester Bernard?
I’m sure They don’t do ones for hire. I use a gadget from Ebay it’s plastic and you screw it to joist then this holds the board at one end, it’s called Boardmate.

Board lifters £100 on eBay, best £100 I spent, makes 8*4's a doddle

How do you get 8 x 4s through houses in domestics???
I never use em upstairs just use 6*3's now I got lwb van I just make a note when I quote if small uns or big uns. Just finishing a nice kitchen diner that was straight through the front door fully boarded so that got the 8*4 treatment, wish I could use them all the time speeds me up no end

Starting a loft board and skim next week, customer has been on Google and insisting the whole lot be done in fireline....going to have to chop them in half to even take them up:endesacuerdo:

Starting a loft board and skim next week, customer has been on Google and insisting the whole lot be done in fireline....going to have to chop them in half to even take them up:endesacuerdo:
You can get 6x3 fireline. Order them if you need a lump. local merchants to me stocks them, handy if I want 8x4 I just go Travis

Didn't know they did 6*3 fireline....these ones are ordered but good to no for the future

Them lifters good in big empty rooms other than that they’re a ball Ache.

1 labourer 1 day so much quicker. They ain’t even heavy.

Ya’ll need some bigger forearms

• Agree
Reactions: Djr