Help required with Tyrolean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpine1

Evening fellas,
Got a property to price up that I've hacked off a square meter of the old heavy tyrolean finish. ( 150m2 in total ).
It's falling off in most areas and absorbing water but the brickwork beneath is Shot to S##t, all the faces of the brickwork has blown and I can only see the rest being as bad.
The customer wants a tyrolean fine spray finish and 2 coat sand and cement backing coat.
I've mentioned that due to the state of the brickwork I'd use rend aid and possibly a fibreglass mesh in the sand and cement.??
The look of disgust when I mentioned an extra price increase.

She is a regular customer of mine but seems to be struggling with any further increase in cost !!!!

Any ideas on how to get around this would be very mucho appreciated.???

Oh and have a great weekend as the Footy is back on. ;-)

If she's a regular and she can't accept the extra work needed then I'd leave it alone.
You can't tell the state of the brick work beneath until you do what you've done.
If she can see it and think it doesn't need extra work let her get someone else to bodge it.
Personally I'd prob rend aid with mesh then OCR it finish flat and tyrolean.
Cheap job and proper job don't go together.

The cost is the cost if you want it to be right. Don't cut corners or it'll just come back on you. Stand your ground it's tough s**t on the customer!

Do it correctly or don't do it should be your motto , can and do's your client plaster? I want a Porsche but if I give price of a mini can I get a Porsche ? Its the same question ....

The look of disgust? Had that a few times. Now I walk away.

But rend aid is not cheap so how about applying sbr as a slurry coat then your usual 2 coats with plenty of fibreglass strands in the scratch coat?

If this is too much for her then walk. Let someone else do it cheaper and let them wait for the phone call next year.

Evening fellas,
Got a property to price up that I've hacked off a square meter of the old heavy tyrolean finish. ( 150m2 in total ).
It's falling off in most areas and absorbing water but the brickwork beneath is Shot to S##t, all the faces of the brickwork has blown and I can only see the rest being as bad.
The customer wants a tyrolean fine spray finish and 2 coat sand and cement backing coat.
I've mentioned that due to the state of the brickwork I'd use rend aid and possibly a fibreglass mesh in the sand and cement.??
The look of disgust when I mentioned an extra price increase.

She is a regular customer of mine but seems to be struggling with any further increase in cost !!!!

Any ideas on how to get around this would be very mucho appreciated.???

Oh and have a great weekend as the Footy is back on. ;-)
Just give her a price for what you think is the best job.You have to make a living too.Some people want work done for f..ck all.I tell people like that I'm a registered plasterer,not a registered charity.Let them take it or leave it.

Cheers for the response.
I'm one of those that likes to do the job right and I want it to last.
The house is one of numerous on that same street that all have the same problem with render. So it needs to look good, End of. ( Possibility of knock on effect ).
I've explained that she could get some Jonny Foreigners in and it may look shocking and not last. She knows this.

Was thinking of SBR slurry instead of rend aid.
Any other further ideas appreciated. Cheers

Just give her a price for what you think is the best job.You have to make a living too.Some people want work done for f..ck all.I tell people like that I'm a registered plasterer,not a registered charity.Let them take it or leave it.

Don't know about you. But any other trades, quote a price and get the jobs.
If your a plasterer they seem to think you are a walking charity ( especially private customers )
Do they not realise the amount of physical work we do compared to other trades !!!
Gets my Goat !!!

If she's a regular and she can't accept the extra work needed then I'd leave it alone.
You can't tell the state of the brick work beneath until you do what you've done.
If she can see it and think it doesn't need extra work let her get someone else to bodge it.
Personally I'd prob rend aid with mesh then OCR it finish flat and tyrolean.
Cheap job and proper job don't go together.

What OCR do you use JGreen??
I've never been too confident of a OCR and the weight of the Cullamix on top!!

What OCR do you use JGreen??
I've never been too confident of a OCR and the weight of the Cullamix on top!!

Which ever base coat you use you should you the same manufacturers OCR.

Weber have OCR
Parex have Parmurex

Not sure on others.

I get on fine with OCR, have the one odd micro cracking on me but nothing painted hasn't sorted.

If your tyroleaning over top I'd use OCR but thats because of me not liking cullamix.
Don't like the chances of it looking like it's been painted poorly.
Just personal choice.

Going bagged all round though would involve a lot more costs but for me it's that way or no way, if they don't like it get someone else.
Luckily I can turn work down.

Status
Not open for further replies.