Help Render sand&cement basics

Members online

azzza82

Hi my name is Aron new to this forum I'm needing some help on basic sand%cenent render external I e . what thickness of scratch coat and how long before applying second coat last how long would I need to wait before floating it up when it has gone off a bit i did a 12month course years ago just forgot a few things so I do have experience any help appreciated thanx

Hi my name is Aron new to this forum I'm needing some help on basic sand%cenent render external I e . what thickness of scratch coat and how long before applying second coat last how long would I need to wait before floating it up when it has gone off a bit i did a 12month course years ago just forgot a few things so I do have experience any help appreciated thanx
Use the search bar, there have been some quality threads over the years

And assume pre mix bags require a curing time or is that out the window as well lol

20150522_135447.jpg

No not if done correctly unlike your scraped backing coats . Ha ha
Lol I'm sure you were aware quality renderer's never had problems with self mix , but with modern products I'm sure anyone is capable and so no excuse for the s**t work I see posted with slumping

I know nothing about modern render , just think there's a lot of s**t work about , pre bagged appears to encourage bad practice , as I just pointed out ,,,,, slumping

Why did they run out of cement in 1990 ha ha
I used to work with my dad , got pissed of with the weather dependency , couldn't compete with large gangs , couple of bad payers and decided I wanted more control so I joined the limp wrist gang and started playing indoors

I used to work with my dad , got pissed of with the weather dependency , couldn't compete with large gangs , couple of bad payers and decided I wanted more control so I joined the limp wrist gang and started playing indoors
But I was under the illusion all plasterers asked to do internal external work all the time . Firms i work for do

Slumping. Sand and cements the worst for it ha ha
It only slumps if not dubbed out properly , all about suction and timing , invent a wonder product and next thing anybody with a trowel is a renderer , scratch is a nice look but same thing , job becomes less time-served and it encourages diy

But I was under the illusion all plasterers asked to do internal external work all the time . Firms i work for do
I didn't skim for first 10 years , would float SC inside and dad would skim , use to say it's poofters work lol

Did screed as well , f**k that anymore , get a liquid bloke

Well let's see some of your expert render jobs bryan big spuds
I one of the very lucky ones, good pension, semi-retired, can pick choose my work, most of the work I take now is internal work.
Nothing wrong with the work, in fact bellcast beads must of been floated in good, for me to think it was a stop bead. Done my share of plastering from, hacking off with hammer and bolster to running moulds in-situ.
Next external work I'll post some photo's, never used to take photo's of work, most jobs glad to see the back of them.
You must be able to come up with something better than big spuds, have a think and try to come back with something sarcastic and funny.