Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

james1807

Hi guys went on a course last week and pretty new to venetain.
Just a couple of questions on your top coat of Classico do you have to finish ( burnish ) into a corner or can you finish half way along the wall and go back the next day and start on that joint and finish. Also the internal and external corners best way to tackle them? Cheers any help wud be brill!!!

Don't start a top coat wall that you can't finish mate. You will struggle to burnish it the next day as it will have started drying out. Where did our do your course out of interest. Take extra time on your corners to get them right. I now use Come twitches as it makes the job a little easier but you can get them perfect with just a trowel.

Can't rush perfection

Cheers robjack, gold trowel I went to, haven't got a bad thing to say the course was spot on and Andy knows his stuff. Just Gota practice the finishes before start pushing them. I surpose it's just practice robjack is it getting use to the materials?

Buy a couple of tubs of gear, skim a room out at home including the ceiling and practice like buggery. If it messes up prime it and try again. Try not to get disheartened if its not perfect straight away. It does take practice and a course is just the beginning of an amazing, addictive journey!!! Definitely dont start doing finishes for clients if your not one hundred percent sure you can pull them off. much better to screw it up at home, figure out where you went wrong and find out why!!

Cheers mike that was the plan really Wana start getting into this, but I was thinking what you said its Gota be perfect before I start doing it for clients, just doing a weeks course makes you think this product you could do so much with it!!

Hi James. Ring Andy. It's what he does 24/7 support. Top man. He'll help you out. Don't think you can't cos you didn't take it all in and think you should know. We all thought that. I've done the course and ring him constantly to check on materials, prices etc. Give him a bell. He'll set you right mate. And when you start getting work and aren't sure on finishes, materials, coverage, pricing etc bell him. He'll guide you, it's what he does. 01708 344700 or his mobile .

Cheers robjack, gold trowel I went to, haven't got a bad thing to say the course was spot on and Andy knows his stuff. Just Gota practice the finishes before start pushing them. I surpose it's just practice robjack is it getting use to the materials?

Practice is defiantly key mate.get the classic right and your on to a winner. I can't agree more. Andy is a top bloke. I didn't do his course but I've been down to Essex and he's come up to Manchester.

Status
Not open for further replies.