help needed with machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

skimmy

Hello

I've read a few of the posts in this section and it sounds like this is the perfect place to ask all of the questions below.
I've been waving at walls for what seems like a life time, mostly on renovations, multifinish inside, sand and cement outside.We are main contractors but have always kept the plastering in house. I'm aware of all the k-rends and other external finishes available these days but for me it's always going to be sand and cement (or lime) painted every few years, especially as most of our work is renovation in areas where k-rend etc would stand out like a sore thumb.
The arms are not what they used to be and I'm looking to make life easier with a machine,these are my questions, I would really appreciate all of your advice.

Am I correct in thinking that these machines will spray multifinish and a bagged render which can be treated like traditional sand and cement ie weber ocr?
From my reading it sounds to me that ritmos are the preferred choice to say mtecs or others.
Do you need training or could you work it out for yourself?
There seem to be a couple of machines for sale second hand at the moment, are there specific things to look out for when buying these?
Would a small machine like a ritmo plus m do what I want, bearing in mind it would probably only be doing a couple hundred square meters every month.

I would really appreciate your best advice as to be honest it all seems like a bit of a minefield at the moment.

Thank you in advance.

A ritmo m is approx the same size as a bell mixer. It will mix and spray any bagged render or plaster that is machine friendly. The ritmo m is available 110 v and 240 v so you don't need a generator
It can pump up to. 20 mts of material depending on the material quality
Buying a used one is fine if you know how to use it otherwise you could buy from a dealer and receive training on the machine you are buying. It's worth meeting up with a dealer and having a chat about what you need and what you can expect from a plas.machine
Where you based

A ritmo m is approx the same size as a bell mixer. It will mix and spray any bagged render or plaster that is machine friendly. The ritmo m is available 110 v and 240 v so you don't need a generator
It can pump up to. 20 mts of material depending on the material quality
Buying a used one is fine if you know how to use it otherwise you could buy from a dealer and receive training on the machine you are buying. It's worth meeting up with a dealer and having a chat about what you need and what you can expect from a plas.machine
Where you based

is the multi ok being sprayed on reskim work or is it suited to boards? and can you use the BG spray finish over reskim or float? or again just boards?

is the multi ok being sprayed on reskim work or is it suited to boards? and can you use the BG spray finish over reskim or float? or again just boards?

Ring bg. They will tell u what u can and can't do with their stuff :RpS_thumbup:
They go through the ritmo fine

Ring bg. They will tell u what u can and can't do with their stuff :RpS_thumbup:
They go through the ritmo fine

why do you keep posting things twice big nose

you could always ring me my business partners in somerset so he speaks the same language as you ...no one can understand the welsh lol

spray finish sits on float coats lovely. only my ritmo sprays finish and hardwall for twenty mtrs whoop whoop. theres a used ritmo on flea bay but he's rubbed his nut sack all over the buttons.

for someone looking to get the feel for a machine what would be a rough price on a ritmo on hire?

You find it hard to hire a machine if you dont have the experience in using one mate, The problem is, there an expensive bit of kit and most people who hire dont usually look after the machine.

Hello

I've read a few of the posts in this section and it sounds like this is the perfect place to ask all of the questions below.
I've been waving at walls for what seems like a life time, mostly on renovations, multifinish inside, sand and cement outside.We are main contractors but have always kept the plastering in house. I'm aware of all the k-rends and other external finishes available these days but for me it's always going to be sand and cement (or lime) painted every few years, especially as most of our work is renovation in areas where k-rend etc would stand out like a sore thumb.
The arms are not what they used to be and I'm looking to make life easier with a machine,these are my questions, I would really appreciate all of your advice.

Am I correct in thinking that these machines will spray multifinish and a bagged render which can be treated like traditional sand and cement ie weber ocr?
From my reading it sounds to me that ritmos are the preferred choice to say mtecs or others.
Do you need training or could you work it out for yourself?
There seem to be a couple of machines for sale second hand at the moment, are there specific things to look out for when buying these?
Would a small machine like a ritmo plus m do what I want, bearing in mind it would probably only be doing a couple hundred square meters every month.

I would really appreciate your best advice as to be honest it all seems like a bit of a minefield at the moment.

Thank you in advance.

Hi,

We are based in Cheltenham and have been dealing many machine makes over the years. We would be more than happy to give you any advice where needed. Contact details are on our website.

Ritmo m mate, recently bought a new one off blonio after selling my Xl. Best machine on the market IMO. Been doing coloured roughcast on a big detached house down the tip of the gower, looks sublime. Turn up, plug it in, connect water, off you go. Perfect renovation machine based on its size, capability and usefulness. Can't recommend it highly enough.

Ritmo m mate all the way, the one of flea bay needs a water pump but is a good machine and I would have bought it my self if it was not 240 v.

However don't be thinking you will get it and just start bashing large areas out. It will cost time and money at the beginning but you will get there in the end and never look back.

Goody got a mono rough cast to do soon. What's your method?

One pass, mesh then spray with speed down to get the rough cast effect?

my old machine !! he somehow managed to break the pump on the first day he used it......

had a play with grumps ritmo l. i would go as so far as to say i prefered it to the m. but mainly due to the vibrator. should be standard on all gravity fed machines.

my old machine !! he somehow managed to break the pump on the first day he used it......

had a play with grumps ritmo l. i would go as so far as to say i prefered it to the m. but mainly due to the vibrator. should be standard on all gravity fed machines.

Vibrator oh er

They should make a add-on for the M. However never really had a issue untill we are trying to run material out at the end and a few bashes sorts that out.

Still trying to convince myself I don't want your old ritmo it's a super buy

yeah you get literally no dust at all as it empties. although it does sound like a neumatic drill.

yeah an add on would be good. as well as doing away with the bolt on the hopper and having itclamp down instead.

it was in good nick when i sold it. he only used it on one job which was 1-2 thousand meters of krend and a bit of hardwall and set. just dont pay 5.5k for it as i will be sick :)

Goody got a mono rough cast to do soon. What's your method?

One pass, mesh then spray with speed down to get the rough cast effect?

You could do mate, but I spray a panel on, I section and scrape it back so it's in plane and neat etc and texture next day. Find that's the best way with mono for a rough but bang on straight finish. With parmurex maybe you could spray in morning rule tight like s&c and take a little more time perfecting it ready for afternoon texture with no scrape back. Would need painting though. Will try and get a vid up soon of the job im on at mo with the ritmo just quietly getting on with it. Btw the new ritmo m now comes with toolbox and toe plate to tilt it like the L.

It's not a full scrape just a quick knock back but makes all the difference. Speed 9 basecoat, 5 texture. 15m hose for back pressure of about 19-20 on texture.

Thats what i thought you were meant to do could you give me a rough guide to the same day method

Oh and i cant believe no one bought nicks ritmo for 3800 crazy!

Yeh les what's ur method for same day butt? Surely any wall that can take an I section is going to be flatter than a troweled/spatted one? What about sagging cement lines, lumps & bumps etc and the mono still like cottage cheese at 3.30? Next day works for me will post a vid later. If you can still get the quality and base & texture all on same day would prefer that tho.

i think it looks 100% better if the background is scraped flat, if your concerned about shading spray a really thin pass of the coloured monocouche and trowel it off. then blap on the texture. what coverage did you get per bag and how did you manage with the reveals

There's no shading issues I can tell but it is parex G00. Same as any mono though weve kept the same finishing routine for each spray. Reveals are monorex sponged down on day and same sponge next day before texture just to rub sand off em. They ain't as smooth as s&c but next to the roughcast they look smooth and as its all in the same colour/product it just works. I have to say though that the best feature is the corners. They're rounded off slightly and are completely seamless from one side to the next.

She hogged comp tonight so am gonna try and get up the texture vid tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.