Help..Loft boarding and dry line joints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbob07

I have only been in the trade for a short space of time and have just got a job to do out a loft (boarded). The customer does not want it skimmed and asked for the joints to be dry lined... I have a good idea what I should do and what to use, but would like some reassurance.  :-/ ;D

cheers maties,

jimbob.

Re:  Help..Loft boarding and dry line joints.

think you mean taping and filling
as the walls are already dry-lined with the plasterboard ;) you should tell customer skimming leaves a better finish and ames taping is messy having to sand between coats etc then horse it in to them with your plastering rate ;D

Re:  Help..Loft boarding and dry line joints.

If the joiner who put up the board was crap, then your better plastering the lot!
If the boards are good, then taping them up and skimming the joints is ok, but you wait the same time for tapes to set while skimming, as you do for whole walls skimmed. The price should not be too low for doin the tapes mate. It still takes a lot of time, but not a lot of plaster :)

One of my pet hates, is people asking me a price to skim, and a price to just tape and fill. The result can be pretty much the same when its painted, but the time it takes is pretty much the same as if you just skimmed the lot ::)

It also depends on how many joins there are! If you have a shite joiner, who uses a helluva lot of wee bits of gyprock, then you really want to skim it, rather than tape and blend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.