Help, how bad is the krend

Ajc123

Hi hope someone can help.
Just had the rendering completed on my extension and in the sunlight it looks very patchy. The builder doesn’t seem too willing to admit that there is much wrong and says that you just get it over large areas in the light rather than bad rendering.

From the photos how bad do people think the job is and is there anything we can do to improve it or is it a case of taking it all off and starting again?

thanks in advance

Attachments

• 99ECE3DA-50AF-41AB-B2D2-265EC266F927.jpeg
    99ECE3DA-50AF-41AB-B2D2-265EC266F927.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 582
  • 56B3A3B4-7EAD-42FF-9B2D-A978876BC114.jpeg
    56B3A3B4-7EAD-42FF-9B2D-A978876BC114.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 594
  • AE94FFE2-0CB2-40B1-9A9B-773449980D95.jpeg
    AE94FFE2-0CB2-40B1-9A9B-773449980D95.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,483
Just had the rendering completed on my extension and in the sunlight it looks very patchy. The builder doesn’t seem too willing to admit that there is much wrong and says that you just get it over large areas in the light rather than bad rendering.

From the photos how bad do people think the job is and is there anything we can do to improve it or is it a case of taking it all off and starting again?

thanks in advance
It’s not the render, it’s the renderer.

thanks in advance

Who rendered it ???
Neil Armstrong ?

I can forgive people for having a go at skimming when they aren't totally competent, worst case you can sand it down. Why would anyone have a go at rendering someone's house when they know they haven't got the expertise to do it

That's terrible and that's why rendering costs a lot of money because it isnt just different substrates and weather conditions amongst other variables you really need to know what your doing it's a skill especially traditional s+c done right its beautiful done wrong like this it looks pants did the builder do it himself or get contractors into do it

Done it th
That's terrible and that's why rendering costs a lot of money because it isnt just different substrates and weather conditions amongst other variables you really need to know what your doing it's a skill especially traditional s+c done right its beautiful done wrong like this it looks pants did the builder do it himself or get contractors into do it
done it theirselves. I guess to fix it it’s going to be a case of taking it all off and getting someone else to redo it

Done it th

done it theirselves. I guess to fix it it’s going to be a case of taking it all off and getting someone else to redo it
Theres some top quality renderers on this forum that maybe able to advise or even do the job properly for you if you live within there area

didn't you used to have to be specially affiliated with the render companies to get supplied materials?
that's whats gone wrong, any old chancers are able to get supplied now.

didn't you used to have to be specially affiliated with the render companies to get supplied materials?
Agree mate all these modern day renders and finishes come in bags now they go on a course with the manufacturers and before you know it there quoting to k-rend full houses with gable ends lock stock the ducking lot

There lies the issue, it used to be that way, it’s all about money and shifting volume. You can do a bit in a summer then cock someone’s house up.
It’s nothing new, We were repairing bodged scratch renders and Ewi systems 20 years ago, 20 years later were still doing it, theres cowboys in any trade.

So yeah it’s bad ..... any advice on how to fix it ? Is it a case of knocking it all off and redoing ?