Help, Damp from next door

Status
Not open for further replies.

nala

I live in a semi detached Stone built house. I have damp in my dining room in just the one corner which is a joined to the party wall next doors ground is alot higher than ours, what would anybody advise the right way to sort this out. :RpS_crying:

check the easy stuff first like the pointing/something bridging the DPC from the outside or ,maybe a condensation problem.. get a trustworthy tradesman to come and have alook for you...............:RpS_thumbup:

I live in a semi detached Stone built house. I have damp in my dining room in just the one corner which is a joined to the party wall next doors ground is alot higher than ours, what would anybody advise the right way to sort this out. :RpS_crying:
Is it in the corner adjacent to you neighbours ground is higher? As arti said the raised soil level could be bridging the dpc? Welcome by the way:RpS_thumbup:

worse case
if next doors wall higher it is possible there is a damp issue...
either tanking or a membrane on the wall to stop damp....replaster

but agree with above...get someone who has good understanding of damp to take a look

hope that helps

As Martin said ,if it is a high ground level .get the damp guys in ,what area are you in?, someone may be able to recommend a good company

Not a water table issue is it, with all the bad weather recently?
might be no dpc if its stone built - sounds like tanking is the sensible option.

Status
Not open for further replies.