Hello

Puma

I have been a decorator for many years and have posted on other forums thousands of times. I have come here as I am looking for advice on water proof skim coats to use on the walls and floor of a shower cubicle. Feel free to ask any decorating related questions.

Puma

Not sure, I think it is at the same shop they sell paint glue to stick the paint on.

Puma

Thanks James, that looks like the kind of thing I am looking for- I've put a post here

RobJack

Hi mate. As mentioned micro cement will do the job for walls and floors. Waterproof when finished and most suppliers offer 30 plus colours. When doing a complete wet room I've used impey system before and not had a problem. There are quite a few on the market now

choppa

I have been a decorator for many years and have posted on other forums thousands of times. I have come here as I am looking for advice on water proof skim coats to use on the walls and floor of a shower cubicle. Feel free to ask any decorating related questions.
Are you a painter and decorator or a painter that hasn’t got a clue about filling and sanding?

Puma

Hi mate. As mentioned micro cement will do the job for walls and floors. Waterproof when finished and most suppliers offer 30 plus colours. When doing a complete wet room I've used impey system before and not had a problem. There are quite a few on the market now
Thanks mate. Now I know the term micro cement a lot more is coming up in Google.

A couple of other queries I have are whether to bother to remove the pink skim or not and should I just go for it with a normal 12 inch steel trowel and a cornering trowel. Also would you recommend other kit like a polisher. The walls are subterranean brickwork, tanked with slurry, sand cemented and pink skimmed. Thanks.

Last edited:
Are you a painter and decorator or a painter that hasn’t got a clue about filling and sanding?
I've done loads of high end stuff mate. Dutch doors aka mirror finish doors etc

RobJack

Thanks mate. Now I know the term micro cement a lot more is coming up in Google.

A couple of other queries I have are whether to bother to remove the pink skim or not and should I just go for it with a normal 12 inch steel trowel and a cornering trowel. Also would you recommend other kit like a polisher. The walls are subterranean brickwork, tanked with slurry, sand cemented and pink skimmed. Thanks.
I'm getting the impression you haven't plastered before mate. Which is not a problem normally but I think your biting off quite a bit. If the plaster is sound then you can apply micro cement to it and it can be a waterproof system. There is a process and it depends on the manufacturer but normally you prime the surface first. Then add how ever many coats are recommended and required to obtain a particular finish. Followed by a sealer to ensure the system is water proof. It can get complicated but again it depends on the manufacturer.