Hello

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuck

Hi guys
I'm canuck, been plastering for 25 years,:RpS_crying:. Got my zimmer frame in the back of the van and my copper braclets for retirement.
Just thought I'd say hello.

Hi Canuk and all of you
Couldnt work out how to create a new post. So am sorry but have sort of hijacked yours. I am not a plasterer, but have found this site whilst trying to locate images of K Rend Oatmeal external render.

I have just purchased a house which has been having it applied, and it looks nothing at all like the small samples online. It is really dark, The house will have oak windows and oxton gold brick on front and bottom sections of the other elevations, with pale cornerstones. I am really concerned that it is making the house look really like something that belongs down the toilet. Please can someone help me to locate some accurate pictures of how this will look when it is finally dried?? How soon can it be painted if it does not lighten up enough?
Is it hugely expensive to have it removed and replaced? If it will have to be painted, do you know which is the best quality to cover and last, and in what colour to suit the other things which are already in place? Please help???

The test samples may differ ever so slightly but you want to wait for it too fully cure which could still take a couple of weeks don't panic yet

Maybe one of the mods can move this elswhere so you get more response but what Spunks and Gibbo have said is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.