Hello, Is mesh required when skimming?

Members online

shilpa10

Hello My builder is suggesting he apply a wired mesh to the walls prior to skimming them in order to prevent cracks. Currently the walls are covered in wallpaper, I have pulled some of it off and the walls seem to be in relatively good condition, no apparent cracks. Is mesh necessary in this case? The house was built in 1970, not sure if that is considered old therefore I am wondering if mesh would be advisable? He is charging me £500 just for the wired mesh. Please help.

Hello My builder is suggesting he apply a wired mesh to the walls prior to skimming them in order to prevent cracks. Currently the walls are covered in wallpaper, I have pulled some of it off and the walls seem to be in relatively good condition, no apparent cracks. Is mesh necessary in this case? The house was built in 1970, not sure if that is considered old therefore I am wondering if mesh would be advisable? He is charging me £500 just for the wired mesh. Please help.
plumbers forum?

If he's skimming over the walls it won't be wired mesh it will be a fibreglass mesh on 1m roll they range anywhere from £50 quid plus I prefer to use a more expensive one as cheap ones are s**t and fray 500 quid just for the mesh hes pulling your pants down

If he's skimming over the walls it won't be wired mesh it will be a fibreglass mesh on 1m roll they range anywhere from £50 quid plus I prefer to use a more expensive one as cheap ones are s**t and fray 500 quid just for the mesh hes pulling your pants down
Excellent avatar are u into Mandingo fights?

:LOL: not anymore BLM and all that
I can assure you I really don’t care if mr Singh from corner shop keels over while serving me drops dead on spot! I’m still taking me beers without paying and not ringing ambulance !....please come again!!bud bud ding ding

I can assure you I really don’t care if mr Singh from corner shop keels over while serving me drops dead on spot! I’m still taking me beers without paying and not ringing ambulance !....please come again!!bud bud ding ding
20201103_071708.jpg

Get someone else in to take a look.

He sounds dodgy

all the best

Could be best £500 that you spend if all the walls are cracked peopke on here are to quick to judge.

Its a t**t if a job to skim and mesh on your iwn so can quite believe additional £500 for materials and kabour
It would be even harder for a one armed spread so maybe they would charge £750?

rip it off and re do it

Could be best £500 that you spend if all the walls are cracked peopke on here are to quick to judge.

Its a t**t if a job to skim and mesh on your iwn so can quite believe additional £500 for materials and kabour
Unless I’ve read it wrong it sounds like it’s going to be reskimmed so don’t know where metal mesh comes in there?

she should get another spread in to look at it I think

Unless I’ve read it wrong it sounds like it’s going to be reskimmed so don’t know where metal mesh comes in there?

she should get another spread in to look at it I think
Its fibre mesh jess! I did a living room last week with it as all walls paint was patchy and flaky..