Hello from PICS - manufacturer and supplier of Wallcrete

Members online

Like Paul says it might not be for everyone.

But I can see the potential for this product.

These type of products have been used in America for about 25 years.

Wallcrete can be used for loads of applications interior & exterior.

On plasterboard, cement board, ply, blocks, old bricks, insulated systems etc etc.

Interior - Feature Walls, fire surrounds, stone/brick effect chimney breasts onto plasterboard, tile effects.

Exterior - Onto blockwork extensions to match the properties existing stone/brickwork

New builds - brick effect, stone effect.
Also brick effect onto ply dormers as seen on this site by Heafy.

Old garden Walls.

Garages.

Kids play houses.

Restaurants - interior & exterior, exterior stone columns/pillars, interior brick & stone effects, etc.

Zoo's - Walls, fake rocks, etc.....

Wood effects!

The list is endless.

Places like France use similar products too & most new builds in blockwork could have a rustic stone effect within a couple of days.

So the cost to the customer is a lot cheaper than having real stone or brickwork(sorry Lucius)

Also it's another string to your plastering bow :RpS_thumbup:

Note to PICS please make commission cheques payable to Lee Moylan Wolverhampton West Midlands.

Regards

:RpS_biggrin:

Have you ever sought planning for any rendering works,

this stone effect is not the usuall rendering.
in parts of suffolk and essex you can only paint your rendering certain colours . i am sure the planners would go barmy if they saw this on a domestic property.
there is a case going on at the moment , in dedham essex. against a chap who has clad his home in the white cement board usa style he did not have planning permission

Obviously there going to be limitations regarding the use of this product
In certain areas and on listed property's etc but that also goes for any other type od modern render, cladding etc , it's common sense at the end of the day , the same goes for most aspects of the trade every product has their limitations , but as a product that was developed for retro fit applications it is excellent, easy to use versatile and very flexible , but like I said if it's not for you that's fine , makes no iota of difference to me, my boys and I have done ok out of it , it's been a fantastic add on to our business

Last edited:
this brickwork effect is not new. it must be about fiffteen years ago we where using it we where insulating and thin coat rendering a council estate in walthamstow and to break it up a bit an odd pair of houses had brickwork effect finish.
i did not enjoy going home at the end of the day covered in red dye where we had cut out the imitation cement joints

I did my first brick effect 25 years ago , but i'm struggling to understand your point, if it's the fact that you don't like it then just don't use it

Brick effect looks better than flat render and with wallcrete you can do so much more don't you agre warrior and you can use it like k-rend

Just got a letter today about the place I've reserved on the training. It says that a starter pack is available to purchase on the day. Anyone know what's in the starter pack?

I tell you something though I challenge you to smack the stone effect with your car and if it doesnt look like stone afterwards I will eat my sweaty saddle.....

Im in manchester at the end of the month and i wanna say that i have high hopes for this product. First of all learning new techniques is always a winner and secondly its being showcased by one of the large plaster manufacturers so this will give it industry recognition on a massive scale. The fact that they only charge 60 quid for training says that they actually want you to use their product and not just make a load of cash through overpriced training.

Welcome to the forum guys.

P.S anythings got to be better than skimming for £2 a metre.

I am a critic of everything at heart and I have always been told off by my parents for finding fault with everything (always self critical) yet Wallcrete has always blown me a way.

The pictures dont do it justice you have to see it to believe it!!!

I will be coming (hopefully) to the next training day as I fancy a day out :)

Like Paul says it might not be for everyone.

But I can see the potential for this product.

These type of products have been used in America for about 25 years.

Wallcrete can be used for loads of applications interior & exterior.

On plasterboard, cement board, ply, blocks, old bricks, insulated systems etc etc.

Interior - Feature Walls, fire surrounds, stone/brick effect chimney breasts onto plasterboard, tile effects.

Exterior - Onto blockwork extensions to match the properties existing stone/brickwork

New builds - brick effect, stone effect.
Also brick effect onto ply dormers as seen on this site by Heafy.

Old garden Walls.

Garages.

Kids play houses.

Restaurants - interior & exterior, exterior stone columns/pillars, interior brick & stone effects, etc.

Zoo's - Walls, fake rocks, etc.....

Wood effects!

The list is endless.

Places like France use similar products too & most new builds in blockwork could have a rustic stone effect within a couple of days.

So the cost to the customer is a lot cheaper than having real stone or brickwork(sorry Lucius)

Also it's another string to your plastering bow :RpS_thumbup:

Note to PICS please make commission cheques payable to Lee Moylan Wolverhampton West Midlands.

Regards

:RpS_biggrin:
funk me kirk is back

I tell you something though I challenge you to smack the stone effect with your car and if it doesnt look like stone afterwards I will eat my sweaty saddle.....

what a strange challenge ! i hope you get well soon.

Just got a letter today about the place I've reserved on the training. It says that a starter pack is available to purchase on the day. Anyone know what's in the starter pack?
Referance to everything you are told on the day and more it is actually very good.

JBP, apologies for the delay in answering your question..., the idea of the Starter Pack is to give you the basic tools and materials to do a test job of your own once you've been on the Training Day. It also includes some canvassing leaflets to get you started.

Obviously we stock everything needed like trowels, hawk, mixer paddles, mixers, mixing buckets, measuring containers, paint brushes, sponges etc. but we make the assumption that most people getting involved will already have some / all of these so it seemed pointless including those in the starter pack, but, if needed they can be purchased with the pack!

To be a bit more detailed the starter pack we pulled together includes enough material to undertake a 3mm scratch coat and a 6mm top coat over a 12sqmtr area. It includes 7 bags of Wallcrete plus sufficient of the following (to undertake the trial area described above) - Wallcrete Bonding agent, Wall liquid release agent, Wallseal, Wallstain, Wallcrete integral colour plus the basic toolset and textured stone pancake (and canvassing leaflets as mentioned earlier).

Cost for that lot is circa £300 + VAT.

Thanks Paul, well hold on tight we will, and as i have mentioned previously we are certainly here for the long haul.

just hope my IT skills improve fairly rapidly

Welcome Andrew!
I will be in touch over the next few weeks, but for a completely different reason - hopefully complimentary for what both you and I do.
I'm sure Clampy has, or will, explain before I get in touch... :RpS_wink:
Having seen the great effect for myself, I am very impressed, as are a lot of guys on here!
Good Luck

Good morning RUNWITHSCISSORS

thanks for the feedback on the product, and i would be delighted to meet up for discussions. i guess from Northampton either Sheffield or Newbury would suit you best.

Please contact when you have some dates available and we can arrange a mutually convienient day.

i genuinely believe there is an opportunity for all concerned with this prodcut, and by working together the chances of success are multiplied many times. Nothing ventured nothing gained as they say

speak soon

Andrew

Called your office earlier this morning and left my details - my contact details are also available if you view my profile - click on my forum name to the left of the message.

Hope to talk to you soon.

Richard

Hi to all, would just like to thank you for the very warm welcome from everybody, it is appreciated.

The forum and its members together with the potential for this system is uppermost in our minds because we believe there is a benefit for all involved.

We will of course keep you upto date with developments as they arise

hi. I havent been on this forum for a long time but got an email from admin so i thought i had better show my face. I think this stone effect stuff looks great ! I plan to look deepper into this to see if any of our clients would want it. ANy downsides to it?

hi. I havent been on this forum for a long time but got an email from admin so i thought i had better show my face. I think this stone effect stuff looks great ! I plan to look deepper into this to see if any of our clients would want it. ANy downsides to it?

Hi NPA, good to see you on the forum.

You may already have looked at the Gallery on our website but that shows some great examples of how the system has been put to great and creative use.

PICS WALLCRETE - PICS UK Galleries

Our National Sales Manager John Grant looks after the Devon area - he's generally out and about at this time of the year but do call us on 01635 202224 - we will ping him a message to call you straight away to have a chat and arrange a meeting / get you in on a Training Course.

Again, thanks for the interest.

Bob